Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The computer guru's (not on my payroll - outsourced to a computer firm) called me to get the admin password on the computer that they are ridding of all the spyware/virus BS and I cannot figure out what it is. I'm rather certain that I set the damn thing years ago, and I'm also rather certain that I didn't write it down, finally I'm rather certain that I am royally screwed in the pooper. Damnit why didn't I store that somewhere. I've now exhausted everything I could possible think of and am coming up with a blank.................................................

Some days it doesn't pay to get out of bed...

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
That is why all your passwords should be "Dave Hickey"

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
MB1 said:
Now I have to change my p()rn website passwords, d'oh!

:D

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MB1 said:

I should really consider that - I felt like a jackass running through all the password possibilities. Many were bike related in some way and I felt like I should offer an explanation of each one.......

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,962 Posts
Qstick333 said:
I should really consider that - I felt like a jackass running through all the password possibilities. Many were bike related in some way and I felt like I should offer an explanation of each one.......
The solution is SIMPLE, and EASY here.

Tell these folks that the only way to be certain the machine is clean is to wipe the harddisk. Problem solved, for both you and customer. Now payup for your use of my brilliant idea you thief.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
Qstick333 said:
so they gave you a funny look when you told them to try "huge crank"?

·
Registered
938 Posts
Any good computer tech can break into your administrative account if they are physically at the machine. Last time I did this was my LBS and I got a whole bunch of free stuff for like 5 minutes of work.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Room 1201 said:
The solution is SIMPLE, and EASY here.

Tell these folks that the only way to be certain the machine is clean is to wipe the harddisk. Problem solved, for both you and customer. Now payup for your use of my brilliant idea you thief.

+1
the least time consuming way to go

·
yup
2,726 Posts
There are about 50 thousand ways to get past admin if you are local to the PC. They should know that I would think

·
Clear Lake, TX
3,269 Posts
Your password is too short

1 - 12 of 12 Posts