Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I've come to the end of my tether with Sigma's sleep mode. I know it's probably my laziness, but I keep forgeting to press the mode button when I get back on after stopping and then 5 miles down the road I look down and the blank screen stares back. I emailed them to see if there was a way of getting round this but no dice. I thought today I'd order a Cateye Double Cordless so I checked the manual on their site and it seems that Cateye are set up the same.

Does anyone know of any brands that either don't turn off automatically, or allow me to decide myself a la Windows?

·
Matnlely Dregaend
4,934 Posts
My Cateye Micro wireless wakes up automatically. But even in sleep mode the batteries only last a year.

·
Matnlely Dregaend
4,934 Posts
Yes. I have winter / summer bikes and I don't ride them for months.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
You can set the Cateye sleep mode or not..you have to wrangle through the horrid instruction sheet..if I remember, it automatically goes into sleep mode when you set it the first time..if not you did something wrong somewhere..I think it's just one push of a button..I'm too lazy to get off my rear and go into my garage and look..

·
Matnlely Dregaend
4,934 Posts
I have to agree the instruction sheets really suck. It takes me at least 5 tries to get anywhere.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts