Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sure they are pretty but the hordes are out.

Yes it is finally warm but the hordes are out.

Lots more things are blooming too but the hordes are out.

It is spring at last but the MUTs are nuts.

Alas our quiet winter riding is over for another year but they sure are pretty.

Just think of it as a chance to meet new friends-10's of thousands of them. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
The MUTs might seem crazy right now, but they are still better than driving. My thoughts on your George Mason Bridge photo.......the MUT on the left with two cyclists looks much more inviting than the roadway on the right.

·
What'd I do?
1,775 Posts
MB1 said:
So are mine. I passed at least 7 people on my homeward leg. Only 3 on the way in (but it was a different path). As I exited the path, there was a woman panting at the top of the hill, she asked me if I'd seen the man without any pants. This one has it's advantages and disadvantages.

·
Registered
61 Posts
You're right about the hordes...

...and the beautiful scenery. By the way, I had a Miss M sighting just yesterday. I was at the corner of 15th and Independence when I spotted the green Waterford. Today I brought the camera along to take a few requisite shots of the Cherry Blossoms along the Tidal Basin on my way in to the daily grind. My thoughts on avoiding the people is to stay in the street. Just watch out for the cabbies (had one knock me over yesterday, fun!). Anyway, thanks MB1 for the inspirational shots that keep me off Metro and on my bike.

Here's a shot from earlier today taken by a guy I came across who it turns out has a cool cycling blog based in and around DC: http://gwadzilla.blogspot.com/

·
Registered
121 Posts
Looks warm. Most definitely not shorts and t-shirt riding weather in Vancouver yet. We have had cherry blossoms for a month. We get a wet cool spring.

·
Non non normal
10,086 Posts
MB1 said:
Sure they are pretty but the hordes are out.

Yes it is finally warm but the hordes are out.

Lots more things are blooming too but the hordes are out.

Alas our quiet winter riding is over for another year but they sure are pretty.

Just think of it as a chance to meet new friends-10's of thousands of them. :rolleyes:

May I remind you that you have a moral obligation to take cherry blossom photos and post them on RBR. Don't be a spoiled wimp. Fight the crowds. Dodge the oblivious tourists wandering aimlessly around. Weave in and out of romping misguided children on field trips.

WE WANT PHOTOS!!!! :D

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right after I took that photo and put my camera away....

KWL said:
The MUTs might seem crazy right now, but they are still better than driving. My thoughts on your George Mason Bridge photo.......the MUT on the left with two cyclists looks much more inviting than the roadway on the right.
......I saw a cyclist cruising down 395 in all that traffic (he was passing 'em), must have missed his turn off 14th Street.:eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts