Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, great finish, great series. I can only imagine whats going on in Chicago. Tip the hat.

·
scruffy nerf herder
4,484 Posts
Man, wasn't a fan of either team, but neither Kluber or Chapman should have pitched. Both had been ridden so hard. Glad both of their failures ultimately had little to do with the outcome.

Lol. Zobrist leads a charmed life eh?

·
Registered
875 Posts
Thank you Cubs, Indians for a very entertaining series, and a barn-burner finale.

This series ranks up there with the Twins/Braves in '91, and my beloved Mets beating Boston in '86. As a fan, I could not have asked for more. I'm wrung out, and I didn't really care who won (although the Cubs' longer drought gave them a slight edge in my preferences).

It's a shame one of those teams had to lose. Just, WOW.

----------------

·
disgruntled pigskin fan
3,224 Posts
Incredible game and series. Congrats Cubs. As someone who grew up watching the Indians in the 90s, I'm no stranger to losing in the WS.

·
What the what???
12,922 Posts
Never been a baseball fan, but I do appreciate a good drama. If game 7 were a movie I would have thought they went too far adding in the rain delay after the ninth inning. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Banned
19,737 Posts
That was a good game. Congrats to the Cubs. My 11 year old asked what all the hubub was about and I told her the last time the Cubs won the world series was 28 years before her grandpa was born. That kinda blew her mind a little.

I haven't been on the edge of my seat for a baseball game since Game 7 of the 1991 series.

·
Registered
6,189 Posts
Great series,

But I will say that the Cubs won in spite of Maddon and his poor pitcher selection.

Chapman never should be thrown Tuesday night, he came in with a 5 run lead, and it just taxed him for Wed.

Then last night Hendricks has one bad call, Joe pulls him, bring in Lester a starter with a man on, which you never do as starters never come in with a runner on. Totally messes with their heads. Hendricks had 50 pitches on him, he was in the zone, you ride a guy like that for 100 pitches.

When Lester threw that wild pitch and two runs came in, Joe's face was priceless.

But overall he is a great manager and a great guy, happy for him and Ben Z. Ben is about the nicest guy playing baseball today, and a great all around player.

·
Always changing.....
4,523 Posts
That Hendricks pull really did backfire on him. I totally agree he should have been left in.

I loved the amount of bat crackin' that was going on last night. Fall baseball at its best.

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
fireworks and church bells rang out in my neighborhood.

fireworks and screaming drive-bys continued well past 2:30.

dont care much for baseball, but i watched every cubs post season game this year. i love the fact the series ended up in what was basically a shootout. couldnt have scripted it better. would love to see footage of the clubhouses during the rain delay...

·
Quiet, daddy's drinking
5,887 Posts
Nine months from now I will be waiting to see the explosion of births in and around Chicago and all the kids being named Addison, Clark, Wrigley, Cubbie, Harry, Carrie, etc. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Great series,

But I will say that the Cubs won in spite of Maddon and his poor pitcher selection.

Chapman never should be thrown Tuesday night, he came in with a 5 run lead, and it just taxed him for Wed.

Then last night Hendricks has one bad call, Joe pulls him, bring in Lester a starter with a man on, which you never do as starters never come in with a runner on. Totally messes with their heads. Hendricks had 50 pitches on him, he was in the zone, you ride a guy like that for 100 pitches.

When Lester threw that wild pitch and two runs came in, Joe's face was priceless.

But overall he is a great manager and a great guy, happy for him and Ben Z. Ben is about the nicest guy playing baseball today, and a great all around player.
Exactly what I was thinking. A bad call for a ball instead of a strike and he gets pulled and Lester comes in mid-inning, not looking so good. Then Lester gets pulled (after he settles down) over a bad fielding play and Chapman comes in mid-inning and serves one up with ice-cream. :eek:

Have to admit, this was the best game I've watched in recent years since my self-imposed ban of watching any baseball unless it's game 7 of the World Series. :)

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Make sure you watch until the end.

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">My interview of the night ended with Bill Murray asking if I recycle. He handed me his champagne bottle. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/WorldSeries?src=hash">#WorldSeries</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cubs?src=hash">#Cubs</a> <a href="https://t.co/66jzAshLL9">pic.twitter.com/66jzAshLL9</a></p>— Jose de Jesus Ortiz (@OrtizKicks) <a href="https://twitter.com/OrtizKicks/status/794053816568127488">November 3, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
if it isn't a universal law it should be,
if Bill Murray shows up, let him in, only great things can follow

that was great drama last night.

agree about the bad pitching changes, but the Cubs still survived. That's a bunch of ballers

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
Exactly what I was thinking. A bad call for a ball instead of a strike and he gets pulled and Lester comes in mid-inning, not looking so good. Then Lester gets pulled (after he settles down) over a bad fielding play and Chapman comes in mid-inning and serves one up with ice-cream. :eek:
Yeah. He over-managed for sure. It's kind of ironic that a pure sht luck bi-product off his stupid moves is what kept him off the Cubs Mt. Rushmore of futility along side Bartman.

Another part of that Lester move was bringing in Ross to catch. Between Lester taking time to find it and Ross's horrible thrown to 1st the Lester move was a 2 run mistake by Maddon. But what are the odds that Ross would go deep thus making it only a 1 run mistake so they'd be tied in the ninth not down by one? I still can't believe Ross redeemed himself and bailed out Maddon with that shot.

Anyway, might be the most entertaining baseball game I've ever seen. Certainly not the best played or managed but just a wonderful game to watch.

·
Registered
19,389 Posts
if it isn't a universal law it should be,
if Bill Murray shows up, let him in, only great things can follow

that was great drama last night.

agree about the bad pitching changes, but the Cubs still survived. That's a bunch of ballers
shows up? that man probably paid HUGE money for VIP seats/stadium treatment...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts