Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
disgruntled pigskin fan
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gutsy win last night against my Buckeyes. As crazy as it sounds Penn State is in the CFP hunt if they win out. I'm glad to see Penn State on the upswing, even if it comes at the expense of OSU.

Doesn't look like anyone can roll with the Tide this year. Maybe LSU in 2 weeks if Fournette is healthy and hungry?

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Ohio State vs. Penn State was a good game. Fooled me, I was sure Ohio State would win that one.

Doesn't look like anyone can roll with the Tide this year. Maybe LSU in 2 weeks if Fournette is healthy and hungry?
I'm not overly worried about Fournette. Bama's stopped him before when he was arguably in better form. I'm becoming more worried about Auburn, which is disconcerting because just a few weeks ago I wasn't worried about them at all. Bama's gonna miss Eddie Jackson in both of those games. Looked like a routine tackle during a routine punt return, I was not expecting "fractured leg" as the diagnosis.

·
Registered
11,089 Posts
pretty sure the ugly loss to KSU yesterday was the final nail in Charlie Strong's coffin at Texas.

not sure who's available as a replacement, but the fans are ready to accept just about anyone (except Miles or Briles)...

·
disgruntled pigskin fan
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pretty sure the ugly loss to KSU yesterday was the final nail in Charlie Strong's coffin at Texas.

not sure who's available as a replacement, but the fans are ready to accept just about anyone (except Miles or Briles)...
Tom Herman perhaps? Our offense misses him a lot. We look positively anemic at times.

·
Registered
11,089 Posts
Tom Herman perhaps? Our offense misses him a lot. We look positively anemic at times.
oh, there's a lot of Herman chatter...some think it's already a done deal.

but, HOU losing two games in a row is kinda making his stock drop a bit...

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,962 Posts

·
a real member's member
3,880 Posts
I was wondering if either team put up a Craigslist want-ad for a defense...
that's what the national cfb pundits like to say. it's an easy criticism to make.

what's not easy is defending mahomes and mayfield when they're dropping dimes like a video game.

mahomes leads the country in passing yards. the next qb is 99 yds/game behind him.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,962 Posts
that's what the national cfb pundits like to say. it's an easy criticism to make.

what's not easy is defending mahomes and mayfield when they're dropping dimes like a video game.

mahomes leads the country in passing yards. the next qb is 99 yds/game behind him.
Defending Mahomes or Mayfield wasn't the problem as much as wide open receivers and running backs with an entire zip-code of empty space it seemed to me.

I was too in awe of the lack of defense to watch that Penn State game....anything that makes the NCAA ranking system look stupid I usually approve of...even if it means cheering Penn State on.

·
disgruntled pigskin fan
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Conversely, there was a lack of special teams execution in the OSU/PSU game. I blame it partly on the poor weather, but still, these teams should be accustomed to cold, rainy weather.

·
a real member's member
3,880 Posts
Defending Mahomes or Mayfield wasn't the problem as much as wide open receivers and running backs with an entire zip-code of empty space it seemed to me.
so you didn't see the finger tip catch in the corner of the end zone, mahomes buying time all night with his feet, and mayfield throwing on the run and dropping passes perfectly in the arms of streaking receivers?

and, yeah, it's difficult task to ask a linebacker to cover a 5-star running back on a wheel catching a perfect pass or to ask anyone to cover a world class speedster like dede westbrook.

not everyone has a d-line like 'bama where you can rush three and still get to the qb.

much easier to just say, "bad d."

·
Super Moderator
40,842 Posts
I was wondering if either team put up a Craigslist want-ad for a defense...
I wonder what it is defensive coordinators in the Big 12 do during games to keep themselves entertained.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.