Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For setting the new Women's UCI Hour Record!

I've worked on her training bikes a few times.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts

That's awesome.
I love her story, a true talent.

·
Registered
7,197 Posts

Very cool, happy to see her win. She strikes me as one of the really good people in the sport.

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,563 Posts
First time I've ever seen you smile GC :D

(although I did miss the holiday party so...)

eta: We watched it on the way out to the start of the road stage at the Chico Stage Race. It was cool to see how interested our girls were in how she did, especially Sofia Arreola who has won medals at Track World Cups for the Mexican Natl Team.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I smile all the time CX! You just don't make it to San Francisco enough to bear witness! Just by happenstance she came by today! I was surprised to see her so soon after the hour record. She was as unbelievably humble as always, and seemed legitimately thrilled that people at the shop and elsewhere actually watched her performance. She brought another one of her seemingly endless supply of training bikes by for a quick hanger alignment. I don't get to to work on the race bikes like CX does.......just the training bikes!

@CX.......what were Sofia's thoughts? Evelyn has very little track experience, but with that said, did remarkably well......save for a few sponges.

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,563 Posts
They were all stoked for her to beat the record, and Sofia definitely noticed the dozens of sponges getting run over and general problems with holding the black line towards the end. I can't imagine how bad I'd ride after 45-50 mins!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts