Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some days are good and some days are bad... Today was a lucky day... And let me tell you why....

First I had to do JURY duty... Yes today was that time that we all dread but must serve... So I did my duty. What a great day...while waiting to be called for a trial, the City of Philadelphia served coffee, cake and had a comforatble seat... I took two cycling magazines... Read ... dozed.. Read... dozed.... and then at 12:00 there was a better surprise... Early dismissal... no trial ... YUP... 12:00 and nothing to do... OOPS ... say ... there is a Trek cycle shop on ARCH street... Hmmm... let me go and look.... Just look.... almost bought a Trek carbon cycle.. but not today... Then I though my favorite chinese reasteraunt was also around the corner - Sang Kee ... So I went over and had my favorite , "Hot and Sour soup" ... How could the day get better.... On the way home I found two pennies... Oh boy a good down payment on the TREK... See how the day is going.... Ok so I suit up in my "ROAD BIKE" review kit , prep my bike and set out on a ride.... A minor bup on the ride (one flat) and here I am in Fairmount Park riding and waiting for a cycling buddy.... And here is the luck part... On the way up a hill in Philadelphia, a cyclist hooked up on my wheel...

Low and behold it turns out to be Kirk.... Kirk is a 48 year old guy that is going to get married... We talked a bit, rode, and was joined buy another cycling buddy.... We had a great afternoon ride... Doesn't get better than that.... But is does...

Turns out Kirk is getting Married... very soon... He has been with his fiance for 6 years and is finally going to tie the knot... And a very special piece to the celebration is that Kirk's brother is going to perform the netptuals.... Please allow me to offer to Kirk and his bride to beeeeee,

CONGRATULATIONS and the VERY BEST WISHES to his bride and companion of 6 years.

Joe & Joe from Philadelphia.
[email protected]

· Registered
5 Posts
First time for everything

My first post and I wondered when and what would get me started. Well, about yesterday's ride. I took my fiance to the airport to fly to Miami where I will join her tomorrow and head on down to the Keys to be married the following Saturday (First time also and I won't be 48 'til May 30!). BTW does anybody know much about cycling in the keys? I found a guy in Big Pine who will rent a KHS w/105 but it's out of the way quite a bit. I declined Philly tickets and headed out by myself into Fairmount Park late afternoon for a quick ride and chased up ahead to say hello to a fellow rider going solo, and you know the rest of the story. Joe (and Joe) are right. It was a lucky day and one that really reminds you why we all love to ride and hang out in this forum and talk about how we all love to ride. Thanks again guys and look forward to the next one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.