Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the Alias in white... it sure does look good and would go with the white bike trim and white sidi shoes but does it get dirty and clean off well?

And of course the feel, I know everyone is different but how does it feel? I want a cutout type seat to get less pressure on the soft spot and the Bontrager Road saddle doesn't quite cut it.

Do you guys have a favorable opinion of this saddle or is the Selle Italia ____ Trans Am better?

·
I'm just watching a dream
138 Posts
I rode an Alias the last two seasons and loved it. I was having saddle problems with a san marco and switched and never looked back. For Christmas I got a Toupe in white but I haven't had a chance to ride it yet so I can't tell you about keeping it clean. The Alias for me was a very comfortable seat, specialized makes some good stuff!

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
the Alias is a great seat, does everything specialize advertises. Don't worry about the color, when your on it no one will see it. photograph it on the bike when everything is new and built up. it will get dirty and may not clean up new looking but so what. it's a great saddle. theres nothing wrong with a riding a great unclean bike.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Recommended

I picked up a used Alias on eBay this winter and have about a half-dozen rides on it. So far, it's the best saddle I've used. Coincidentally, my last two saddles were the Selle Italia Trans Am and the Bontrager Pro Race. Everyone is different, of course, but the Alias has fit me much better than those two. Mine is black/gray so I don't much care how dirty it gets.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I put in a lot of miles on an Alias, but have switched to the Specialized Toupe. The Alias fit well, with no numbing problems, but I found the embroidery on it rubbed holes in my shorts, and was hard on my legs on long rides. The Toupe seems to have the same fit (143 size on both) but does not rub. It costs a little more, but you think about trying one. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts