Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how to contact Jamis? The nearest dealer is 100 miles away. My lbs has looked in his guides and can not find a listing. He was going to inquire about getting me a Sputnik.
I have narrowed my choices down to a Sputnik or a Steamroller. The Steamroller is now my first choice but it comes in a little over budget. I am looking at getting a frame and a separate build kit. Trying to stay in the $850.00 range. Open to suggestions.
Lew.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Lew 59 said:
Anyone know how to contact Jamis? The nearest dealer is 100 miles away. My lbs has looked in his guides and can not find a listing. He was going to inquire about getting me a Sputnik.
I have narrowed my choices down to a Sputnik or a Steamroller. The Steamroller is now my first choice but it comes in a little over budget. I am looking at getting a frame and a separate build kit. Trying to stay in the $850.00 range. Open to suggestions.
Lew.
As a new Steamroller owner, I'm decidedly biased here, but I think you should get the Surly. And I think you can stay inside your budget if you and your dealer are careful about the build. Quality Bike, who distributes Surly, can set up your LBS with the software that allows you to custom configure any kind of build you want. As long as buy a "complete bike," meaning you buy EVERY part that a bike needs, you can get a better deal than if you bought F & F and only some of the parts.

If, for example, you choose a decent but not blingy wheelset (I went with Surly hubs and Salsa rims), something like the Sugino crankset, a workmanlike stem and seatpost (Ritchey or similar), you should definitely come in under a grand. And even if you don't, that additional $150 will be forgotten long before you stop riding the bike.

Since Jamis is already proving to be a little hard to reach, imagine what fun you'll have in the (hopefully) unlikely event that a warranty issue come up.

·
grippy...
122 Posts
G. Joannou Cycles

Make sure the LBS knows that's their actual corporate name (jamis is just their brand, I guess "Joannou" plastered on a downtube doesn't spike the marketing meters), give them a try at 800-222-0570

1 - 5 of 5 Posts