Banned
177 Posts
just saw that.
ooops...

Andy, your jersey is ready!

·
Shut Up And Ride!
168 Posts
Food contamination? Possibly. I see a sizable backlash coming because he's not too popular with the fans. We'll have to wait and see what happens next.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Another that gets away from LA and the Hog then tests positive for something

The things that make ya go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

just saying

·
Registered
672 Posts
Once a Kelme rider always a doper. I've been saying this for several years, and this just confirms what was so obvious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All of the Contador supporters: :cryin:

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Fuyu Li from Radioshack is facing a two year ban for the same drug (his B sample was recently confirmed). Won't be easy to get out of this.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Looks like Andy will get his Yellow jersey now

edit: maybe Andy spiked his food LOL

·
Registered
487 Posts
Nooo!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I don't see how he can. His options are take the ban or have the B-sample tested but it sounds like they already know how the 2nd option will pan out and are taking the food contamination strategy. I'm not sure why, the WADA isn't concerned about how something got there, just that it's there.

·
Slightly Opinionated
10,231 Posts
stevesbike said:
Fuyu Li from Radioshack is facing a two year ban for the same drug (his B sample was recently confirmed). Won't be easy to get out of this.
This was the FIRST thought that came to mind.

·
Banned
177 Posts
davidka said:
I don't see how he can. His options are take the ban or have the B-sample tested but it sounds like they already know how the 2nd option will pan out and are taking the food contamination strategy. I'm not sure why, the WADA isn't concerned about how something got there, just that it's there.
maybe because they know how it got there...'Berto put it there.

·
Registered
406 Posts
too bad. i don't even really care for Alberto, but i don't want to see this.

word travels fast: the Wiki page for Clenbuterol already references Contador's positive test!

·
Slightly Opinionated
10,231 Posts
My big question is this:

Li took a 2 year hit for the same drug, the same explanation. Now, will Contador be shown the beach for 2 years, or will his "superstar status" protect him?

·
Darling of The Lounge
4,753 Posts
One can argue that Alberto rode his horse to a Chinese restaurant where he feasted on large servings of sweet-n-sour pork.

From Wiki:

Food contamination

In September 2006 over 330 people in Shanghai were reported to have been poisoned by eating pork contaminated by clenbuterol that had been fed to the animals to keep their meat lean. There are also other informal reports on localized food contamination cases by clenbuterol in the U.S., which led to setting rules that limit consumption of this medicine only to horses.

In February, 2009, at least 70 people in one Chinese province (Guangdong) suffered food poisoning after eating pig organs believed to contain clenbuterol residue. The victims complained of stomachaches and diarrhea after eating pig organs bought in local markets.

If true, love or hate him, this hurts the sport.

·
likes to eat donuts
827 Posts
It's funny/interesting that the very quickly updated Wikipedia entry for clenbuterol (as first noted by wiz525) reads word for word like his defence statement.

Btw, goodbye SaxoBank Sunguard.

1 - 20 of 284 Posts