Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

21 - 40 of 949 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
2004 Colnago Dream HP

This new addition to the stable was born July 2, 2004. It would be redundant to say that I'm a proud father.

·
Adrenalina Italiana
987 Posts
Very nice Nag! Congratulations!

Abaddon said:
This new addition to the stable was born July 2, 2004. It would be redundant to say that I'm a proud father.
I like the way you dressed her as well. It definately looks race ready-both light and stiff.I've got a Geo schemed Dream on order and have about the same choice of components being used. If you don't mind me asking-how much did it end up weighing? Thanks bro and enjoy!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Here is my 2005 Bianchi Pista fixie/SS and my LOOK KG281.

Since I can't vote for my own, my pick for best looking bike is the first post by Turbo Turtle with the Bianchi fixie in Celeste. That is one sexy machine!!! I love the wheels.

·
Registered
35 Posts
18.3 lbs with a digital scale.

SPINDAWG said:
I like the way you dressed her as well. It definately looks race ready-both light and stiff.I've got a Geo schemed Dream on order and have about the same choice of components being used. If you don't mind me asking-how much did it end up weighing? Thanks bro and enjoy!
It could be lighter but the bike is solid.

Abaddon

·
Registered
25 Posts
Colnago Active

Attached is my new bike. Rear tire is for trainer use only and old pedals until new ones are selected.

Colnago Active with Campy Centaur components.

Once the snow melts I'll be able to get the fit all dialed in just right.

Hard to beat the Bianchi in the first post. Total simplicity.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I'll help you decide, atpjunkie

I pick the Merckx you're using as support for cross bikes and spare wheels. Damn, man! Send her to me and I'll show her proper respect....

Overall, it's 1. turboturtle's bianchi 2. dorf's bottechia 3. sdizzle's starcruiser (I have a soft spot for rigid MTBs)

·
NeoRetroGrouch
6,491 Posts
fastfullback said:
(I have a soft spot for rigid MTBs)
Yeh, and that spot got softer and more sore every ride! :) TF

·
Dropout
328 Posts
No fair! Italian bikes with chrome lugs

:D Especially red ones. How am I supposed to compete with those? Celeste Bianchis are no fair either.

·
Banned
7,890 Posts
1- torelli.. sorry bottechia fans but the torelli is all that w/ better tubing.
2- the panasonic.. i see those bianchis everywhere. an orange panasonic and fixed? oooh la la!
3- ok, the bottechia!

·
Daily Commuter
359 Posts
jtompilot said:
Dorf411 you got my vote so far. What Tommasini are you wishing you still had?
Well, I would have the one above it by Ukiahb it had not been too small. I am still searching for a good deal on one that is large enough. If I wanted one bad enough I would just order a Techno but nearly $2000 for a frame/fork is holding me back.

·
Banned
238 Posts
Is that safe???

gibson said:
Attached is my new bike. Rear tire is for trainer use only and old pedals until new ones are selected.

Colnago Active with Campy Centaur components.

Once the snow melts I'll be able to get the fit all dialed in just right.

Hard to beat the Bianchi in the first post. Total simplicity.

How can you take a turn with all those spacers??

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ice is the real danger right now

technocycle said:
How can you take a turn with all those spacers??
Awaiting thaw on roads and improved flexibility after the winter before fine tuning. No turning required whilst riding in the basement. :)

Noticed lots of good comments on boards re: spacers that I'll read.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I have to agree that the Italians have everyone else beat hands down. Its not even close.
Bottechia
Torelli
Colnago's
Tommasini's

·
Banned
238 Posts
How Then There Elbows....

gibson said:
Awaiting thaw on roads and improved flexibility after the winter before fine tuning. No turning required whilst riding in the basement. :)

Noticed lots of good comments on boards re: spacers that I'll read.
Hope Then There Elbows Don't Hurt From Being So High...

·
Registered
456 Posts
Yes, I know it's a Trek

It seems the prevaling taste in this thread is for Continental fare. However, irrespective of the generic factor, I still think she's beautiful, and she's all mine and I'm not sharing:

Trek Madone 5.2 in Postal livery

As for someone else steed: Abaddon's Colnago gets my 1st pick. Bocephus Jones II cruiser is also pretty slick

21 - 40 of 949 Posts