Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Pusher of Pedals
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beware these tires, I've got a nasty deformation forming in mine after only 500 miles. One of the guys in the group I ride with had the same problem with the same model tire that had less mileage on it than does mine - though his tire was much, much worse off.

·
Registered
21,544 Posts
Please explain

Spanky_88007 said:
Beware these tires, I've got a nasty deformation forming in mine after only 500 miles. One of the guys in the group I ride with had the same problem with the same model tire that had less mileage on it than does mine - though his tire was much, much worse off.
Please explain what a "nasty deformation " is. Are gettng casing failure, tread separation, bead separation, what? Those tires seem to have a pretty good reputation so I'd be interested in the specifics of your experience.

·
Pusher of Pedals
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The best way I can describe it is to say it bulges out sideways and outwards, leaving a visible bump in the tire. Don't get me wrong, I have two of these tires on my other roadie, but they have the wire bead, and no where near the mileage of the tire in question. Both my tire and the other guy's tire were on the rear, so maybe they made a bad run that cannot handle the rider's weight(?).

Looks like this...

Unacceptable, especially at such low mileage.

·
Rub it............
3,833 Posts
That Continental Ultra Sport looks like the Hometrainer tire. Not the standard Ultra Sport. If it is the Hometrainer tire, its not designed for road use.

Hometrainer tire

Ultra Sport

·
Pusher of Pedals
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry, I thought about it just after I posted. The tire in the picture is actually a pic of a Specialized tire from elsewhere on the RBR boards. I posted it merely to provide an example of what my tire looks like.

I apologize for any confusion caused...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts