Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone provide updates if they have ridden this tire enough miles to know how it performs. Specifically:

Expected life in mileage?

Hard riding or soft and at what PSI?

Traction in corners, responsivness, etc.

Rear tire shape, does it flatten out like some others and in how many miles?

Overall opinion?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Go with Attack/Force

Oscar, I hope I can help, I haven´t used the continental 4000, Only have Used Force/ Attack Continental, and there a Great All Around Tires, Competition, Training, Reliable, Hard to get a Flat on Them, and even come is Colors for estetics with your bike. I would choose those instead of the 4000´s, may cost a couple of extra Dlls. but it´s money well spended. I use My Tires Between 115 & 120 PSI, maybe to much. Life expectancy?, I have 6 months with them, and don´t even notice wear, I ride average 10 Hrs. per Week. Excelente Performance on Corners.

·
"It's all about style."
122 Posts
GP4000 review

Oscar,
I been on a set of 4000's since December, and can say they outperform the GP3000's.
The road feel and cornering is exceptional, it gives me more confidence to push it into the corners. I normally run PSI at 115 with max at 120. Life expectancy is anyones guess due to road conditions, but Continental claims a longer lasting tire. The new addition of Vectran into the tire should help against cuts or punctures (which I have not experienced any). The wear indicators are a good idea for eliminating guesswork. I highly recommend them. They also have some cool color selections.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I like em.

Used mine now for about 200 miles and they are very good. Not sure if its just phsychological but i hate heavy tires and dread winter riding because i feel they are required. I put these on because they are touted as being more puncture proof than the GP3000s. I have not been dissapointed, no flats yet.
I was never impressed with the GP3000s, couldnt put my finger on it but just never felt confident in a corner. These are an improvement, and like "COLTON" said, they are better in the corners, although i havnt pushed that hard yet.
Too early to give an opinion on the other factors you ask about, but until the weather warms up a bit these will do nicely, then i can put some Supersonics back on. Theyre my favourite.

·
Registered
291 Posts
No problems after 500 miles

I have had a set for about 500 plus miles now. I am have been a die hard Conti GP Folding user, as I RARELY flated on them and have used them for years. However the regular bread and butter GP Folding have gotten hard to find so I switched to the GP4000 recently. Like those in other reviews I run them at 115-120. I find that they ride a bit smoother than the folding and corner nicely. I did flat on my first ride with them, but it was kind of hard to fault the tire as it was a nasty piece of small sharp metal that would have likely gone through anything.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Mine have about 1000 miles on them and still doing great. I like them much better than GP3000 - they just feel much faster to me.

Jim

·
Roadbike Rider
1,260 Posts
1600 miles and I'm happy

Mine have 2500 kms (about 1600 miles) and the rear is starting to flatten out. I think I will get double that distance before replacing, which means they will turn out to be better wearing than the GP 3000's. I run 115 psi and weigh 170 lbs.

They feel real nice, kind of light handling, perhaps because they flex less, but grippy and secure in the corners. They do roll slightly faster.

Finally the "Hand Made in Germany" sticker pretty much covers it for snob appeal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts