Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for feedback on the above tire. My main concern is durability. I would love to find cheap tires with good durability.

Thanks

·
What the Hell is going on
4,992 Posts
My 2 sense

I've always had bad "quality control" problems with Conti tires (expect their tubulars). The casing of the tires would seperate and I would get a tire an-your-ism. The only reason I would get Conti's is because my LBS would occaisonally sell them for $12.99 and for $12.99 they aren't bad tires-if you don't mind the occasional tire an-your-ism crap shoot.

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Alternate reality

JaeP said:
I've always had bad "quality control" problems with Conti tires (expect their tubulars). The casing of the tires would seperate and I would get a tire an-your-ism. The only reason I would get Conti's is because my LBS would occaisonally sell them for $12.99 and for $12.99 they aren't bad tires-if you don't mind the occasional tire an-your-ism crap shoot.
Well, that's very interesting. My wife and I together have put something over 100K miles on Conti GP and GP 3000 tires and have NEVER had a problem that could be attributed to manufacturing quality control. Actually never had any problems whatsovever. YMMV

·
Registered
255 Posts
Kerry Irons said:
Well, that's very interesting. My wife and I together have put something over 100K miles on Conti GP and GP 3000 tires and have NEVER had a problem that could be attributed to manufacturing quality control. Actually never had any problems whatsovever. YMMV

Any experience with the Conti GP4000 or the GP4 Season?

Sean

·
Registered
47 Posts
GP 4000 User.

GP 4000's are excellent! Stay on the road wet or dry and durable as &*%$. I have twice the miles as my last Mich's and they look great yet. Superspokes had, and maybe still does have, free shipping on them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts