Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
ghost6 said:
He'll do more interviews with his usual response: "Ehhhhhhhhhh. In de moment. Ehhhhhhh. Ehhhhhhhh. In de moment. Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh."
That's one thing he can credit Lance for. Exchange the Spanish accent for a Texas accent and they sound the same. Weeeelllllllllll....

·
Registered
280 Posts
ghost6 said:
He'll do more interviews with his usual response: "Ehhhhhhhhhh. In de moment. Ehhhhhhh. Ehhhhhhhh. In de moment. Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh."

I wonder how many folks on this forum can speak a 2nd language, even as limited in scope as Contador's English? Many can't even speak or write their 1st language correctly. Only ignorance fuels such ethnic bigotry.

·
Registered
465 Posts
adimiro said:
I wonder how many folks on this forum can speak a 2nd language, even as limited in scope as Contador's English? Many can't even speak or write their 1st language correctly. Only ignorance fuels such ethnic bigotry.
It's fascinating and humorless that you'd interpret what I said as "ethnic bigotry." By all means, defend your grossly inarticulate accusation. I can't wait to hear it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
He will be starting his own charity:

ThinStrong; to bring attention to the plight of outrageously thin people. Who climb well and roll a great ITT.

Belgians need not apply. Yet.

·
Registered
163 Posts
He said he wants to retire from cycling by 32 or 33 so my guess is he's going to try and win 8 tours and call it a career.

·
not feeling creative
142 Posts
burgrat said:
He should do Leadville just to piss off Lance. Then show up at the Livestrong ride in Austin!
that would be incredible since not only would Lance destroy him, so would I. If there is one thing that doesn't translate well, roadies to mountain biking. Lance is the exception since he raced mountain bikes during his recovery from cancer.

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
bigrider said:
He is going to open a gold finch farm and raise those little yellow birds and free them at the beginning of the Tour next year. He is going to join Versus and continue propagating the LA vrs. Contador rivalry even if LA isn't racing just to make it interesting for the US spectators.

He has already won 5 grand tours and he is young. 7 isn't that big of a number.
His hobby actually is raising finches and canaries. But you knew that, didn't you?

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,035 Posts
roadie92 said:
He will probably just stick with winning paris-nice and the tour for the next decade ...
This might be wishful thinking, but my guess is he'll want to be better than LA, and the only real knock against LA -- besides being doped up like a Drugstore Cowboy -- was that he only focused on the TDFs and didn't bother with the other grand tours. AC will want to leave his stamp on the race, so he'll try to win more than one in a single year, or throw in some classics.

·
not feeling creative
142 Posts
I am guessing he will wind up overdosing on coke in a hotel room alone in a few years, why not.....the whole world hates him now anyway.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
95zpro said:
He said he wants to retire from cycling by 32 or 33 so my guess is he's going to try and win 8 tours and call it a career.
I don't know. He struggled to beat a guy who can't time trial or shift gears--by less than a minute. He'd better take it one Tour at a time.

·
Hucken The Fard Up !
3,983 Posts
he needs to win World Championships and the 5 monuments and he'll be all set

·
Registered
54 Posts
The UCI will realize a 120 pound climber shouldnt be able to TT so well.... and that all those blood bags labeled 'AC' in Operation Puerto were not for Alice Cooper concerts...

(seriously, I still have my doubts, since he was 'removed' from the case by Spanish courts.... oh well. there is always suspicion with everyone!)

21 - 40 of 53 Posts