Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Diesel Engine
898 Posts
Hmm...

Sheldon is a pretty innovative/imaginative guy, but I'm with you on this one. Having said that, they will stand by whatever they send you, so I wouldn't be too alarmed. However, the wrench in me is wondering how they repspaced that hub. Maybe they ordered new cones from White? May be worth a call back to talk to the guy in the shop who actually did the work.

Mike

·
Diesel Engine
898 Posts
DougSloan said:
I ordered a 130 mm spaced ENO offset hub from Harris a couple of weeks ago. They were out, but said they had a 126, and I could simply use that in my 130 steel frame. I said, no, I'd prefer to have the 130 and do it right. I check today, and they did not have the 130, but said that they "converted" a 126 to a 130, and shipped it to me. I'm skeptical, because when I look at the photo of the ENO hub, I don't see where a spacer could be added, and I want the exact right hub, not some kludge. Anyone have any thoughts on this, especially from looking at the photo? Thanks.

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/harris/fixed-hubs.html
Doug,

Did you ever found out how they re-spaced the hub? I saw in a separate thread that you had received it and laced up the wheel. Enquiring minds want to know...

Mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.