Campy hub(model) and rim?
8 speed, 9/10 speed?
?

· Registered
5,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MR_GRUMPY said:
More info
The wheels are 2006 Bontrager XXX Race Lite carbon tubulars, currently set up for 10-speed Campag. Seller says "can easily be switched to accommodate Shimano", I'll pursue this further with seller, but also want to get a reality check from others if possible.

I've seen that you can buy a spacer kit to convert a 9-speed Campag cassette to 9-speed Shimano spacing, but ideally I'd like not to have to buy a new cassette.

· Banned forever.....or not
24,573 Posts
Yes.....easily done. You need a Shimano type freehub body plus some minor parts. Best done by a "competent" bike shop.
Let them order all the needed parts.

· Registered
262 Posts
I don't know if this helps but I bought a set of 2005 Campy Eurus wheels set up for Campy that my LBS put together a 9-sp Shimano-spaced cassette for me (not Shimano-made mind you). I think they basically rigged up spacers to make it fit. But they did say that I probably won't be able to move to 10-sp so I've been thinking about whether to sell these wheels and get a set that will allow me to upgrade. I love these wheels though so it's a tough decision.

· Registered
3,096 Posts
pretender said:
Thank you! I'll phone my LBS and get a quote.
I hope your LBS is a Trek dealer. Those Bontrager wheels have a DT Swiss hub and Trek stocks the freehub bodies in Shimano and Campy. The tricky part is getting the right one as there were some running changes with the Bontrager wheels.

· Registered
1,876 Posts
Richard said:
I hope your LBS is a Trek dealer. Those Bontrager wheels have a DT Swiss hub and Trek stocks the freehub bodies in Shimano and Campy. The tricky part is getting the right one as there were some running changes with the Bontrager wheels.
+1
You'll need the serial number from the hub.

· Big is relative
11,901 Posts
shinsplints said:
I don't know if this helps but I bought a set of 2005 Campy Eurus wheels set up for Campy that my LBS put together a 9-sp Shimano-spaced cassette for me (not Shimano-made mind you). I think they basically rigged up spacers to make it fit. But they did say that I probably won't be able to move to 10-sp so I've been thinking about whether to sell these wheels and get a set that will allow me to upgrade. I love these wheels though so it's a tough decision.
Campy sells a shimaNo freehub for their factory wheels. It is ten speed only so you can and will have to switch. It is an easy swap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.