Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to convert a Shimano 10sp BHS SL211 or SL210 to 11sp? Having to redish is not a problem. I seem to remember that they were always capable of taking 11sp Campy freehubs. So maybe an 11sp freehub just fits?

Yes I know I am late to the 11sp party.

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's the new 11sp freehub. Says nothing about it being compatible with the 10sp hubs (or 9/10 as BHS called them). Or for SL211s.

I figured that someone here would have done it and I wouldn't have to bother BHS.

·
Registered
536 Posts
210 and 211 freehubs all interchange.

You may have to swap the rubber gasket depending on which model you have. On some I have had to put a pedal washer between the end cap and freehub to clear the cassette nut. The end cap on the 11 speed measure just over 13mm, while the 10 speed and caps are a little over 12mm.

·
Registered
51 Posts
210 and 211 freehubs all interchange.

You may have to swap the rubber gasket depending on which model you have. On some I have had to put a pedal washer between the end cap and freehub to clear the cassette nut. The end cap on the 11 speed measure just over 13mm, while the 10 speed and caps are a little over 12mm.
Plug and play

Enviado desde mi SAMSUNG-SM-G920A mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
I figured that someone here would have done it and I wouldn't have to bother BHS.
Nothing wrong with asking a question here. That being said, BHS has an entire team of people dedicated to answering your questions. They wouldn't consider it bothering at all..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.