Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hot here in Eastern/Central NW..So today to beat the heat I went up high. A few years ago during a big winter/spring flood lots of bridges and roads washed out around here but I heard Obama decided to re-build the Red Hill bridge near Parkdale, Or...making one of my favorite small paved logging road loops ridable again.

At the creek crossing, there was lots of equipment and a couple of slimey planks (as reported) to enable the workers and us cyclists to get from bank to bank... With my cleats on and my balance working, I inched across and got onto the Vista Ridge route...it was used for some years as one of the stages of the Mt Hood Cycling Classic...an awesome climb. Still hotter-n-hell up there but better than at lower elevation...

But the "Cooking" part came when I came off Vista Ridge onto LoLo Pass and Lost Lake road...Every Tom Dick and Harry had decided, same as me, to go up into the mountains...But all kinds of campers, trucks, SUVs and just plain Sunday drivers were out...

Amazing observation: Lots of people load those huge backyard stainless steel 'cooking centers'...barbeques, I guess...but "Murikan Barbecues"...BIG, fancy heavy looking....they load em into the back of their fancy new Dodge or Ford or Cheby or Toyota or Honda large pickups and go into the mountains for a "picnic"...a 'cookout'...

Saw dozens of them coming out of Lost Lake....Weird...They probably thought I was weird, too, riding a bike way up there in the wild forest....

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
burgers

Creakyknees said:
did you stop and get burgers?
are grilled, not barbequed

he mentioned shoulders so I'm hoping for pulled pork

·
Proud luddite
7,190 Posts
atpjunkie said:
are grilled, not barbequed

he mentioned shoulders so I'm hoping for pulled pork
Mmmmmm....hickory smoked pork shoulder, shredded and piled on a bun with Carolina barbecue sauce. Nom nom nom!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts