Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Category Four Racer
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some cool biking web sites out there? Ones with lots of stuff to read, and pictures to see. Race reports, rides, how to, etc. I know a number of folks, keep their own sites with just such stuff, looking for more to read while it is 20 degrees out side, and I am sitting here going no where fast (i.e. trainer). Only five (5) weeks until the first training race (evil grin)...

'remember, follow the break'

·
Power Napper
2,853 Posts
A few to start.

lexington476 said:
What are some cool biking web sites out there? Ones with lots of stuff to read, and pictures to see. Race reports, rides, how to, etc. I know a number of folks, keep their own sites with just such stuff, looking for more to read while it is 20 degrees out side, and I am sitting here going no where fast (i.e. trainer). Only five (5) weeks until the first training race (evil grin)...

'remember, follow the break'
For good solid info about riding I like www.Roadbikerider.com. Not real fancy.

Great bike collection here, http://www.rydjor.com/rydcol1.htm. Check out the 1868 Boneshaker.

For race reports, rider diaries and stuff I prefer www.cyclingnews. com. They don't put race results on the main page so there's not spoiler risk. Have a lot of great rider diarists male and female and all types (mtn, road, track cross). John Leiswyn is one of my favorites.

For fun check out www.teamswill.com. They are "a disorganized group of beer drinkers who meet annually to ride the Bicycle Tour of Colorado." When I rode the BTC two years ago I couldn't figure out what was up with all the "Go Team Swill" stuff painted on the roads. This explains it all.

Can't forget Patrick O'Grady. His postings are not very regular. Sometimes he writes every day, sometimes not for a month. Get your cycling and political ranting fix at the same time. http://www.maddogmedia.com/ Careful clicking on some of his links if you are easily offended in any way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.