Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After work I decided to get a 15 mile ride in. While goin down a back road I noticed a hawk pirched up atop a telephone pole. He (or she) looked at me and then swooped down at me me...wow the rush was awsome and scarey at the same time. He (or She) flew over top me and then in front of me and for about 2 min flew in front of me around a foot off my front wheel and as if that wasnt cool enough he the slowed a bit and got beside me and stayed there for almost a mile...WOW!!! I have never in my life had a better experience riding or cooler. It was truly amazing. I will ride that road over and over and over.
rf37

·
Roll Model
384 Posts
Sweet!!

I love that stuff!

At the beginning of summer I had two young deer run along the road next to me for about a mile, it made my week!

·
Registered
21,639 Posts
Eagle sighting

rf37 said:
After work I decided to get a 15 mile ride in. While goin down a back road I noticed a hawk pirched up atop a telephone pole. He (or she) looked at me and then swooped down at me me...wow the rush was awsome and scarey at the same time. He (or She) flew over top me and then in front of me and for about 2 min flew in front of me around a foot off my front wheel and as if that wasnt cool enough he the slowed a bit and got beside me and stayed there for almost a mile...WOW!!! I have never in my life had a better experience riding or cooler. It was truly amazing. I will ride that road over and over and over.
Last Friday we spooked a bald eagle. It is in an area where we often see turkey buzzards and my first thought was "Man, that's a big buzzard." Then it was "Why does that buzzard have a white tail?" Then he wheeled in front of us and we saw that white head. Just stunning. He momentarily perched in a tree right next to the road, and then flew along side us as he gained altitude to get over the treetops. It felt like seeing a B-52 come in for a landing. Fantastic. When I was young, we never had eagles or hawks in our area, but now hardly a ride goes by without seeing a red-tail. And people ask how to stay motivated for riding!

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,980 Posts
Bald Eagles have made a remarkable recovery since DDT was banned. We have some within 10-12 miles of us. A friend with whom I ride often has a nest in his back yard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.