Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doing a TT and the temps will likely be 90+. Which do you think would be cooler (temperature wise that is):

1. Long sleeve skin suit with white upper and sleeves
2. Short sleeve darker skin suite (dark grayish)

·
Registered
739 Posts
Wow, nice to have skin suit choices.

I've taken the route of being most aero and doing "heat acclimation" training. So long sleeves and start doing lots of rides in the heat.

All my rides lately have been 90+. I definitely got used to it. Only problem is now i get cold easily.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Personally ... I'd go with the white, long sleeve skinsuit.

The simple fact is the material is thin enough and breaths well enough, the longer sleeves won't make a difference. In fact some companies are using similar material for riders to use on hot days to avoid sun issues without overheating.

·
Registered
12,085 Posts
Wow, nice to have skin suit choices.

I've taken the route of being most aero and doing "heat acclimation" training. So long sleeves and start doing lots of rides in the heat.

All my rides lately have been 90+. I definitely got used to it. Only problem is now i get cold easily.
+1.

Subsequently, my area is significantly colder than usual. It has been a very strange year. About a month ago, Sunday was 60 degrees. Monday was 80 and Tues was 100. Needless to say, tuesday was horrible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.