Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a recommendation for the coolest (temperature wise) cycling gloves? The weather is starting to heat up, and my Pearl Izumi Gel-Lite gloves seem to cook the back of my hands. The rest of me feels cooler when I take them off, but I know I'll probably end up crashing the minute I take them off!:p

What do you use?

·
Registered
339 Posts
I use the Assos Pro gloves, they are a bit pricey at around $59 but are very comfortable and haven't given me any heat related issues yet, the top layer of the gloves is quite thin and breathable so it does a good job of keeping your hands cool.

Apparently there was a bad batch of gloves with poor stitching that made it out onto the market so if you do get the gloves and the stitching comes apart then you just need to get a replacement, I seemed to have gotten a good batch but the guy at my LBS wasn't so lucky, serves him right as he took my first choice in color! :D

·
For president!
7,851 Posts
JGDarcy said:
Does anyone have a recommendation for the coolest (temperature wise) cycling gloves? The weather is starting to heat up, and my Pearl Izumi Gel-Lite gloves seem to cook the back of my hands. The rest of me feels cooler when I take them off, but I know I'll probably end up crashing the minute I take them off!:p

What do you use?
I really like these Pearl Izumi Race gloves. They have no padding, just a comfy synthetic palm and a piece of lycra on the back. If you want a bit of crash protection without the feel of gloves between you and the bars, get these, only $25 too.

http://www.pearlizumi.com/product.p..._id=1&sport_id=5&category_id=9&color_code=021

Silas

·
LOOK lover
625 Posts
enki42ea said:
How are all leather gloves cool?
Apparently you've never worn finely-crafted leather gloves. Incredible fit, tactile feel, sweat-absorption, and breathability - it just doesn't get any better. It's why they're so popular with high-end sportster driving enthusiasts.

·
Banned
657 Posts
I can tell you color matters. Go to any parking lot on a sunny day & lay your hand on a white car then a black. If you find some gloves w/ Coolmax construction (breathes & wicks) let me know.

·
Soul Mining
390 Posts
CabDoctor said:
These are the type of gloves you wear with normal shorts and favorite t-shirt as you ride your retro Colnago Track bike to the local starbucks. Styl'n!
Sure, if you want to look like a complete plonker. Going to Starbucks alone is a violation worthy of a birching.

·
Ya, what ATP said...!
2,170 Posts
enki42ea said:
The coolest I've seen are the Louis Garneau ErgoAir gloves
I'll second these. Though they don't have the padding I'd like, they do give air flow into the palm which is nice on real hot days. I can't wear them on rides over 30 miles though becuase I go numb real easily.

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,723 Posts
I'll second the Garneu ErgoAirs. Cool and very comfortable. They stink a lot less than pearls over time and seem to last forever. I stocked up when the local Performance stopped carrying them. They are carrying them in the catalog again.

V

·
GIMME MY BIKE!
7,787 Posts
enki42ea said:
How are all leather gloves cool?

The coolest I've seen are the Louis Garneau ErgoAir gloves. Wind penetrates them very easily including through the palm.
I have these and highly recommend them. The tops are partially mesh and the bottoms have a mesh palm around the padding. Plus, they come in PINK.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.