Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was watching OLN and Chris Carmichael was mentioning new gear and changes lance was getting used to and said something about a "cooling vest".

Anyone know what he's referring to?

·
wots...uh the deal?
1,360 Posts
Nike cooling vest

Nike is working on a cooling vest to slow the rise of an athlete's core temp while warming up for an event. In Athens, it's gonna be hot in August...quick search on nike cool vest shows...try

http://www.time.com/time/globalbusiness/article/0,9171,1101040621-650725,00.html

I suppose that LA would 'warm up' for a TT wearing one so that he does not do the dehydration/heat stroke thing. Could just be publicity for Nike for LA to be "in on the program". Seems that the Track and Field folk (or like the article says, field hockey) would be most interested.

·
MTBR Super Mod'
272 Posts
The Australian Olympic team uniforms were released the other day which was designed by Nike. Of particular interest to me was the specially made Cooling vests made for both cyclists, marathon runners etc. They have 30 or so compartments for ice or whatever in order to keep the athletes cool.

They look cool, and are quite smart indeed. I would buy one if I could, as summer races are always too hot here in Aus...

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
designed by F One

which is Lance's cross-company design team. He has product engineers/designers etc.. from Oakley, Nike, Giro, Trek etc.. working together to create this stuff. It's to prevent a repeat of last years TT over heat and dehydration. They are also working together to make sure everything 'fits' together ie...glasses and helmet as the year before stuff wasn't fitting well and was a 'distraction'. All I gotta say is "it's good to be King".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.