Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
had it in the ear before
Joined
·
13,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do want! I'd leave the fork backwards too....
 

·
Seat's not level
Joined
·
19,371 Posts
Whoever put it together did so after consuming a few cases..... they had a slight buzz on. ( and puked soon after )
 

·
had it in the ear before
Joined
·
13,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
needs a beer holder
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
12,959 Posts
Real Men of Genius

Here's to you Mr. Coors Light Bike Builder, even though its much harder to build the bike that way, and it looks clearly wrong, you ignored those minor issues and "got it done" ensuring the limited survival chances of one of your best customers.
 

·
Captain Obvious
Joined
·
11,876 Posts
DMLKA posted a similar bike on fb the other day. it's fork was also backwards.
 

·
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Joined
·
2,799 Posts
tomk96 said:
DMLKA posted a similar bike on fb the other day. it's fork was also backwards.
Like this? Not only is the fork backwards but the stem is upside down and the brakes are set up motorcycle style (ie right hand lever -> front brake).


Hey Gut, if you sign me up to win that one I'll sign you up to win the Michelob bike.
 

·
had it in the ear before
Joined
·
13,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DLMKA said:
Like this? Not only is the fork backwards but the stem is upside down and the brakes are set up motorcycle style (ie right hand lever -> front brake).


Hey Gut, if you sign me up to win that one I'll sign you up to win the Michelob bike.
whoa that one has disc brakes, i bet it doesnt weigh an ounce over 40lbs....you're on!
 

·
Spicy Dumpling
Joined
·
9,721 Posts
I've seen a lot of the backwards fork and handlebars. I actually fixed one for my niece that my brother put together for her. She was shocked at how easy it was to ride after the fix. I've seen rows of bikes with the handlebars reversed at our local Dicks sporting goods..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,583 Posts
Coolhand said:
Here's to you Mr. Coors Light Bike Builder, even though its much harder to build the bike that way, and it looks clearly wrong, you ignored those minor issues and "got it done" ensuring the limited survival chances of one of your best customers.

Holy **** your that guy! That was really pretty good.
 

·
Call me a Fred
Joined
·
16,999 Posts
Are those aluminum frames really disguised beer cans? If I pop one open will there be beer inside?
 

·
Is not a clown car
Joined
·
2,191 Posts
I've had kids ride by the shop before with the whole chris cross set up going. In the face of safety and future customer base, I ran out, stopped the kid and fixed it for him. Saw him later and he said "This rides SO much better now!".
 

·
Diphthong
Joined
·
4,986 Posts
Creakyknees said:
I still regret not buying one of these when they came out a few years ago

The fork is on backward
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,572 Posts
This thread needs a drunken unicyclist...
 

·
Anti-Hero
Joined
·
10,343 Posts
DLMKA said:
Like this? Not only is the fork backwards but the stem is upside down and the brakes are set up motorcycle style (ie right hand lever -> front brake).


Hey Gut, if you sign me up to win that one I'll sign you up to win the Michelob bike.
You've missed the big picture here... the handlebars and stem were already assembled in the box, and the assembler simply put the stem on upside down, resulting in the turned-up, moto-style brakes
 

·
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Joined
·
2,799 Posts
Andrea138 said:
You've missed the big picture here... the handlebars and stem were already assembled in the box, and the assembler simply put the stem on upside down, resulting in the turned-up, moto-style brakes

Not exactly, the rear shifter was still on the right side and front on the left. I'm still scratching my head.... :confused:
 

·
Call me a Fred
Joined
·
16,999 Posts
I wish I had consumed a few beers before opening this thread.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top