1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
2,075 Posts
do we really need more guns in america?

·
Never Give Up!
1,241 Posts
What is this world coming to... Hell in a hand basket it seems... hold on and enjoy the ride while you still can

·
Banned
7,744 Posts
I'd give this story a 50/50 chance of being the "whole story". Attempting to start confrontations with cops is becoming a sport for various groups of ass holes.

It will be interesting to see what actually happened if we ever know for sure.
What is this world coming to... Hell in a hand basket it seems... hold on and enjoy the ride while you still can

·
Registered
8,779 Posts
Cop said the messenger had an ice pick in his hand, messenger said he dropped a tool and picked it up. A wrench is a tool, but so is an ice pick.

He said\he said, who you gonna believe?

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
I'd give this story a 50/50 chance of being the "whole story". Attempting to start confrontations with cops is becoming a sport for various groups of ass holes.

the cop was off duty and no way they would know we was a cop till he got out and said so.

though I agree the video is not very revealing of what actually happened. rest is 'he said vs cop said'

·
Seat's not level
19,372 Posts
Cop said the messenger had an ice pick in his hand, messenger said he dropped a tool and picked it up. A wrench is a tool, but so is an ice pick.

He said\he said, who you gonna believe?
Ice picks went the way of buggy whips.... Really, why carry a knife or a gun, when a good ole ice pick will do the job. Retro...

·
Registered
4,962 Posts

No, catching the gross abuses of power on video is becoming more common with advances in technology, forcing power tripping sh*t bag cops to start being aware of their abuses because they are getting caught. Not punished. Just caught. I'm sure it's not all cops, but what do I know. I just came across a case of a cop who raped a 12 year old girl and tried to shoot her in the head when she told her mother who reported it to the same police he worked for. He missed and only caused a serious, but not fatal, gun shot wound. Do you think he ever saw prison? Evidence got lost? He did get fired. But he raped a girl and attempted murder? Mistrial with a short stay in a psych hospital.

·
Registered
8,779 Posts
No, catching the gross abuses of power on video is becoming more common with advances in technology, forcing power tripping sh*t bag cops to start being aware of their abuses because they are getting caught. Not punished. Just caught. I'm sure it's not all cops, but what do I know. I just came across a case of a cop who raped a 12 year old girl and tried to shoot her in the head when she told her mother who reported it to the same police he worked for. He missed and only caused a serious, but not fatal, gun shot wound. Do you think he ever saw prison? Evidence got lost? He did get fired. But he raped a girl and attempted murder? Mistrial with a short stay in a psych hospital.
The thing about some of these videos is they start after the start of the altercation. While I don't disagree that there are dirtbag cops, that doesn't mean that some of these incidents that have been caught on video have been instigated by dirtbag wrongdoers.

Everyone is innocent till proven guilty, cops too. They're just people, some good and some bad, but we can't let the bad ones color the way we look at all of them. When a bad one is found out, he should pay the price.

As far as good cops looking the other way or supporting the bad cop, I don't agree with it, but I see the same thing here when a cyclist pulls a bonehead move involving an automobile driver and many come out in support of the cyclist, for no other reason than he\she is a cyclist.

People tend to run in packs and it ain't usually pretty. cops\street gangs, union members\supervision, wait staff\bus boys, democrats\republicans.

It's Human Nature, it's ugly and it's the cause of most of the problems of this world.

·
Registered
27,471 Posts
Riding in the city just gets weirder and weirder: Video: Off-Duty Cop Pulls Gun On Bike Messengers In Road Rage Standoff: Gothamist

But nobody got hurt :thumbsup:
I love these stories of bike and car outrages. When the off duty cop pulled in front of the 3 bicyclists on the lane marked for them on the street, they should have, without a second thought, skirted around his on his LEFT. Never allow yourself to be squeezed between a car and the curb. :nono: Of course the cop could have seen the 3 in his right rear view mirror and hesitated to let them pass, if he saw them in the busy traffic, but this is NY. HTFU.

The object cyclist removed from his pocket was a damn allen wrench! :lol:

·
Banned
7,744 Posts
Unfortunately, I wasn't there.

What size was the allen wrench? Did you drag a scratch the full length of his car with it?
I love these stories of bike and car outrages. When the off duty cop pulled in front of the 3 bicyclists on the lane marked for them on the street, they should have, without a second thought, skirted around his on his LEFT. Never allow yourself to be squeezed between a car and the curb. :nono: Of course the cop could have seen the 3 in his right rear view mirror and hesitated to let them pass, if he saw them in the busy traffic, but this is NY. HTFU.

The object cyclist removed from his pocket was a damn allen wrench! :lol:

·
Registered
27,471 Posts
Unfortunately, I wasn't there.

What size was the allen wrench? Did you drag a scratch the full length of his car with it?
Interesting you call attention to that trick. :D A riding buddy once scored the finish off a few expensive cars a while back with a door key, presumably just for kicks. He was caught. Turned out he never got American citizenship after coming over here from Taiwan with his parents at age 9. He was granted no parole, stayed in jail until his trial. He was sent back to Taiwan, persona non grata. This was and still is a standard legal remedy when non-citizens commit crimes. Pretty draconian, IMO. He'd lived in the US most of his life. His knowledge of Chinese language was probably very thin. Never heard from him after he left the country.

·
Registered
8,779 Posts
Interesting you call attention to that trick. :D A riding buddy once scored the finish off a few expensive cars a while back with a door key, presumably just for kicks. He was caught. Turned out he never got American citizenship after coming over here from Taiwan with his parents at age 9. He was granted no parole, stayed in jail until his trial. He was sent back to Taiwan, persona non grata. This was and still is a standard legal remedy when non-citizens commit crimes. Pretty draconian, IMO. He'd lived in the US most of his life. His knowledge of Chinese language was probably very thin. Never heard from him after he left the country.
Draconian, he damages the property of strangers, for the halibut and you think, what, that he should be made a citizen and maybe get a free pass to Disneyland so he will always have something to do, and won't have to damages the property of others for fun.

There should be consequences, and they won't always be to the receivers liking. Good deeds should be rewarded, bad deeds, not so much.

·
Registered
27,471 Posts
Draconian, he damages the property of strangers, for the halibut and you think, what, that he should be made a citizen and maybe get a free pass to Disneyland so he will always have something to do, and won't have to damages the property of others for fun.

There should be consequences, and they won't always be to the receivers liking. Good deeds should be rewarded, bad deeds, not so much.
Sure, he [email protected] up. But man, if that were you or me when we were his age, 19 or 20, we would have been given probation and community service. He and many others who commit petty crimes like that, get banished forever, separated from family, friends, lives they built living as an American. Then again, maybe he's better off in Taiwan. He had a chance to start over.

The authorities thought as you suggest. They couldn't find any motivation for his crime other than "for fun." Instead of psychological counseling to figure out why, they threw him out of the country. Problem solved.

·
Registered
8,779 Posts
Sure, he [email protected] up. But man, if that were you or me when we were his age, 19 or 20, we would have been given probation and community service. He and many others who commit petty crimes like that, get banished forever, separated from family, friends, lives they built living as an American. Then again, maybe he's better off in Taiwan. He had a chance to start over.

The authorities thought as you suggest. They couldn't find any motivation for his crime other than "for fun." Instead of psychological counseling to figure out why, they threw him out of the country. Problem solved.
Maybe the country of China will see to his psychological counseling, seeing as he's one of their citizens.

·
Seat's not level
19,372 Posts
Draconian, he damages the property of strangers, for the halibut and you think, what, that he should be made a citizen and maybe get a free pass to Disneyland so he will always have something to do, and won't have to damages the property of others for fuThere should be consequences, and they won't always be to the receivers liking. Good deeds should be rewarded, bad deeds, not so much.
Moral of the story... don't be an azzhat when you are a guest in someone else's house.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts