Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· "It's alive!"
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
1,736 Posts
Great Site

When I was in Copenhagen, I was struck by how many people were commuting on bikes, dressed in ordinary clothes. I remember seeing one bike lane that had a left turn signal for the bikes - amazing.

On a positive note, I see a lot more bikes being used for commuting around town these days. On Saturday nights, my neighbourhood (which has lots of bars and restaurants) is packed with bikes locked up to pretty much every available post, rack or chain. An example is below (but there was a bike race this night, so rather more bikes than usual).

There is still a lot of resistance to putting in proper infrastructure for bikes, especially right downtown. We now have quite a few bike lanes, but there is often street parking just to the right of the marked bike lane, which I don't think is terribly safe. Things are rather better just outside the downtown core, with many bike routes, generally on roads a block or two from major arteries. I do find them much more useful for commuting than the ubiquitous MUTs, which approach useless if you want to get anywhere with reasonable dispatch.

· angel of the morning
2,992 Posts
brilliant :thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.