Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As the weather improves, my mileage is increasing, and I don't want to have the dural tension hip flexor problems that bugged me over the last two years. I'm thinking that I need to modify or increase my off-bike exercise.

Any suggestions, links for a recommended core stretching routine, or any other suggestions to prevent the above problems?

TIA
________
Coach purses

·
Registered
31 Posts
see cyclo-core. cyclo-zen. I have used them for the past 6-8 months and they definitely help wiht the strenghtening of the core including the hip flexors.

·
Registered
21,638 Posts
Standard core exercises

You can find all kinds of things, including those involving workout balls and specialized machines. However, you'll get lots of progress from crunches, alternating crunches, and the "superman" (lay on your stomach and lift chest and legs).

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Bertrand said:
As the weather improves, my mileage is increasing, and I don't want to have the dural tension hip flexor problems that bugged me over the last two years. I'm thinking that I need to modify or increase my off-bike exercise.

Any suggestions, links for a recommended core stretching routine, or any other suggestions to prevent the above problems?

TIA
This website worked for me a a month ago..

http://www.cyclecambridge.com/cbexercises.html

It might be down now? (or inaccessible from work) It was free.

I bought core/zen/speed. haven't even looked at them yet.. no time.
Get on his mailing list.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Ditto

Re: Cyclo Core. takes about 20 minutes and is hard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts