Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
PsyDoc said:
Does anyone know if Corel Draw 10 has any "bugs" running on Windows XP?

Thanks.
Probably...XP has a bunch itself and Corel Draw was never all that great of a graphics program in the 1st place when I was using it.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would you recommend...

Adobe Illustrator then? Basically, I have both Corel Draw 10.0 and Illustrator 9.0. Recently, the University upgraded to XP and I am having trouble finding whether either of these two programs would run without incident on XP. If there is a problem, then I can always go with buying the most recent version at the academic price, but I would rather spend the money on new tires, etc. for the bike.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
PsyDoc said:
Adobe Illustrator then? Basically, I have both Corel Draw 10.0 and Illustrator 9.0. Recently, the University upgraded to XP and I am having trouble finding whether either of these two programs would run without incident on XP. If there is a problem, then I can always go with buying the most recent version at the academic price, but I would rather spend the money on new tires, etc. for the bike.
Depends on what you need to do. Are you designing print ads or manipulating photos? The gold standard for rasterized images is Photoshop, but it has way more bells and whistles than most anyone needs. I believe they make a limited edition that should be great for home use. Macromedia's Fireworks is a good choice for less $ as well. Illustrator is a bit tougher to learn, but is the gold standard for most graphic design use. If you're creating logos and graphics from scratch then Illustrator is probably the way to go. Now if you're doing page layout then you need another program entirely. Most all of these programs work just fine on a PC, but Macs have always held somewhat of an edge over PCs when it comes to graphics applications.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts