Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems there are places on on the web to get discounted Garmin 705, but want to make sure I get the correct sensors (speed at least) and city street maps (not sure the benefit without). Any suggestions on which bundle and/or the best places to get it? thanks for any tips.

· haole from the mainland
5,966 Posts
Garmin has part numbers for each of its bundles on its website. They're under the Versions tab.

010-00555-40 is the part # for the bundle w/ HR, cadence/speed sensor, and card with Street Maps/City Navigator. You can Google the part # looking for deals, but beware of scam sites.

· Registered
12,593 Posts
I bought mine from Performance and got a pretty decent price on it. After having some issues with my 305, I decided to buy from Performance because they will take anything back if you are having an issue with it. Not that Garmin customer service wasn't great on the 305, but I would have rather just took it back to Performance and gotten a new one instead of waiting to get it back in the mail.

As far as what bundle is correct for you, you will need to look them over. There is some type of limitation regarding the SD chip, and I think it has to do with trying to use more than one map on the unit at once. I bought the North America street map DVD because I also plan on using the topo and marine maps on the unti and I want to put them all on a single card. Don't know if you can do that if you buy the pre-loaded SD card from Garmin.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.