Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,955 Posts
Creakyknees said:
but isn't Thursday, "drunk poasting" night in the lounge?
I've got enough pain killers and booze in the house to turn this into a thread-ender. Dare I? Would need a nice booty call to top things off, otherwise it would be a waste. :rolleyes:

Or perhaps I'll just make a nice, sensible salad and laugh at The Office.

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Just finished my sensible salad, after a TNT track workout. Note to self....going to PT then track training sucks in a big way.

//still have leftover Vicodin....hmm. Nah.

·
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
8,107 Posts
snapdragen said:
Just finished my sensible salad, after a TNT track workout. Note to self....going to PT then track training sucks in a big way.

//still have leftover Vicodin....hmm. Nah.
Vicodin + Empty Stomach + WalMart + 3am = AWESOME!!!

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Every night is drunk Poasting Night.

Since we dropped cable Idiscovered that one of the local OTA channels has The original Bob Newhart Show on every night. Time to Bob for Beers. Every time they say Bob, take a big beer shot.. Easy buzz on any night..

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Since we dropped cable Idiscovered that one of the local OTA channels has The original Bob Newhart Show on every night. Time to Bob for Beers. Every time they say Bob, take a big beer shot.. Easy buzz on any night..
And anytime someone says Hi Bob you're supposed to kill what you've got.

·
waterproof*
41,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
partial cut n paste of the most recent email from my dad:

If we keep passing this on, it may do some good. Worth a try!! Everyone should believe this

Winds of Change...
Warren Buffet is asking each addressee to forward
This email to a minimum of twenty people on their
address list; in turn ask each of those to do likewise.

In three days, most people in The United
States of America will have the message.
This is one idea that really should be
passed around.

_*Congressional Reform Act of 2012*_

1. No Tenure / No Pension.

A Congressman/woman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they're out of office.

2. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security.

All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into
the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.

3. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.

4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.

5. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.

6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.

7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen/women are void effective 12/31/12. The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen/women.

Congressmen/women made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in
Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their
term(s), then go home and back to work.

If each person contacts a minimum of twenty people then it will only take three days for most people (in the U.S. ) to receive
the message. Don't you think it's time?

THIS IS HOW YOU FIX CONGRESS!

If you agree with the above, pass it on. If not, just delete.
You are one of my 20+ - Please keep it going and THANKS.

soo, there ya go.

·
Dead Pool Comptroller
3,097 Posts
Every night is drunk Poasting Night.

Whenever someone says they like Bob Newhart what I hear is "I am really old and lame".

*ducks and runs*

·
Le Misérable
4,374 Posts
The whole time zone thing really puts us oversea-ers out of the loop for drunk poasting night. I don't want anyone staging an intervention for trying to start drunk poasting morning or anything.

Also, I'm always scared to dredge a thread, lest it not be Thursday wherever Creaky is.

These are the real stress points of living abroad.

·
banned from the museum
6,622 Posts
The whole time zone thing really puts us oversea-ers out of the loop for drunk poasting night. I don't want anyone staging an intervention for trying to start drunk poasting morning or anything.

Also, I'm always scared to dredge a thread, lest it not be Thursday wherever Creaky is.

These are the real stress points of living abroad.
That's what you get or being a furener.

·
Proud luddite
7,191 Posts
Today I: rode a fast 40 miler, got cleaned up, went to the library, went to Target, went to Li Li's (Asian market), went to Costco, went to Trader Joe's, went to Fry's (grocery store), came home and put everything away, then set into various loads of laundry, cooked dinner, cleaned the cat boxes, got the place relatively clean.....and now I am collapsing with a gin & tonic the size of a small planet. Pretty good day. :)

·
Tactle-neck
865 Posts
I got up ran a 10K. Went to my office (yeah, I know, its Saturday) studied for a test for 7 hours, came home and made myself dinner.

Now, I am almost through a bottle of chianti.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts