Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hey Jan and Steelblue,

I have the same too. I have checked with the Merckx factory (easy for me since I'm Belgian and live close) and I can confirm that this is a '86 color scheme. Check the attached pics of Erik Breukink in '86. It was also on this type of bike that Erik Vanderaerden won Paris-Roubaix in '87 :thumbsup:

In '85 Team Panasonic was sponsored by Raleigh bikes. '86 and '87 is was Merckx ... and in '88 they changed to Colnago.

I absolutel love my Panasonic Merckx! I took it on the Koppenberg and Patersberg (both 20% steep cobstone climbs) this weekend and it worked amazingly :)

I have a question though: how did you guys mount the 2nd canholder on the seat-tube? On my frame the holes have no screwthread, and the canholder keeps comming loose from vibrations....

@Jan: I can highly recommend a white San Marco Rolls if you're after a white saddle to match this bike

Glad to see fellow team Panasonic riders :)

cheers,

·
Registered
92 Posts
Great bike Jan!

I have a similar frame in '56. A small question: I need to replace my rear campy 7speed hub (Athena). Is it true that these came in different axle lenghts? Do you happen to know more about the specs for the rear hub?

Merckx sponsored the Panasonic team from 86. It was with this type of bile that Vanderaerden won Paris Roubaix in 87 :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.