Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2,403 Posts
Opps

Scot_Gore said:
:)
Wooglin's right, post em over here where you'll be appreciated.

You've gone and made me have to put a new dot on the map as well.

Very nice report, Thanks

Scot
I put the dot on the map last night, but just looking at it this AM I realizied I put it on the wrong island. I'll move it north tonight :)

Scot

· Registered
92 Posts
I enjoyed your photos of Corsica. I toured there 4 times in the late '70's and early 80's and it will always be a special place in my memory. In those days, the roads were remarkably quiet even around the Cap and down the coast to Ajaccio. Wonderful place- I can almost smell the maquis right now!

· merckxman
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Still Very Nice

It is still very quiet, essentially the entire west coast on the roads we traveled were very nice. Ajaccio was very busy, we only passed through staying in Porticcio. I liked Bonifacio. The stretch from Bonifacio to Bastia has a lot more development and traffic. We did that 106.5 miles in a day; I wouldn't recommend spending too many days on that stretch if anyone is planning on going. As you go towards the interior from any coast it is very peaceful. I suspect there has been quite a bit of change since you were last there but it is still a great place to ride.

canamdad said:
I enjoyed your photos of Corsica. I toured there 4 times in the late '70's and early 80's and it will always be a special place in my memory. In those days, the roads were remarkably quiet even around the Cap and down the coast to Ajaccio. Wonderful place- I can almost smell the maquis right now!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.