Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to build a bike for my wife using the 105 parts that came off my Synapse. Does anyone know about what I could expect to pay for a new Synapse frame and fork (Aluminum)? I asked at my dealer the other day but the guy there wasn't the guy I needed to talk to and was not sure.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went back to my LBS and they can get a left over frame. I am going tomorrow to pull the trigger.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The frame is now ordered. Cannondale had a left over 2007 Synapse frame w/o fork. The LBS had several full carbon forks that will work with the frame. At the end of the day I think I will have $600-$700 into an aluminum Synapse w/ my one year old Shimano 105 parts taken off my Synapse. This will make a nice first bike for my wife. If she decides she doesn't like cycling I could probably sell everything and get my money back out of it. If she does then she will have something decent.

Here is the deal though. I went to my LBS last week and he called Cannondale and they found the frame I ordered today. I went back yesterday to order it and the guy I talked to was off. Another guy called Cannondale and Cannondale did not know what the guy was talking about and said they did not sell frames. They eventually said they found some carbon Synapse frames they would sell for $800. Sounds like a good deal but out of my budget. So I guess it depends on who you wind up dealing w/ at Cannondale.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts