Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
712 Posts
i think Page did the clinic in seatle last year for 25, plus 15 for a dinner. I think they said the mad cross clinics this year will be 40 with a dinner. i dunno where they have the info on that posted yet, but it will be in association with the pair of races they are doing in his name.

J

· You call that running?
262 Posts
I have no familiarity with ACA stuff, but I imagine if you want to devote half a day to learning cyclocross technique, you probably want to spring for the annual ACA license which will be needed for any cross racing you do in Colorado this fall.

· aka Zoo
763 Posts
sounds good to me, I wanted to go to the cycle-smart clinic around here but I can't dish out $450+, although they are doing more than just a half day of it, I mean heck, that's just about the entire season's cost of registration fees.

· Registered
103 Posts
We're just firming up the details on the clinic Jonathon Page will be doing here in Madison and should have info posted later this week at www.madcross.org. We plan to charge $40 with dinner. That's the price I've charged with previous clinics I've put on with Ben Turner as well. As a clinic promoter I would say it is fair when you consider that most places have to pay some sort of fee for the venue as well as fees to USAC or ACA as well as other costs. I've always tried to keep prices low but that's always been about as low as I can go without losing money.

As someone who learned how to do cross before there were clinics being held in my area I would have to say that I wish there would have been. Once I went to a clinic I was amazed at how much I learned even after having done a full season of cross and winning a couple of races.

Renee

· Registered
2,771 Posts
it's 4 hours... i'd like to see a better description as to what is going on for it. I know the guy hosting it but am not sure who all they've got and what is planned. Is it something to target those who have never done CX? Something that would benifit all age groups?

a lot can be learned by just watching a race and then giving it a shot. But you'll circumvent a bit of the learning curve by taking a clinic. (you might get upgrade points for doing so as well)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.