Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know when they changed the cd from a level tt to a compact ? and why ? the 2003 I am looking at is level

what does anyone think of the 2003 cd

·
S-Works Tarmac SL3
826 Posts
I think its been changed for a couple years now, and the change was for aesthetics. Compacts tend to be en vogue now. But they offer no measurable improvement over a level top tube - other than maybe stand over clearance. If the 2003 is in good shape, it should be a very good steel bike. I prefer carbon but, many people like steel. I believe Serotta's steel frames are as good as they get.

·
Registered
19 Posts
CDA's are all built with custom geometry. You may have it any way you wish, there is not a "stock" model. If the geometry works for you, (they are all custom) they are excellent bikes.

·
Registered
93 Posts
CDA's are all built with custom geometry. You may have it any way you wish, there is not a "stock" model. If the geometry works for you, (they are all custom) they are excellent bikes.
this is completely incorrect. For many years including the current model year, the CDA is offered in stock sizes. My 2005 is a stock 52.

·
Registered
19 Posts
You may choose a stock size, it is still built for you and you choose that over something else. The amount of top tube slope is still what you choose, they do not have stock inventory to ship out. If you want one, you tell them what you want as opposed to the Ready Custom sizes. The OP wanted to know when they went to from a level top tube to compact geometry. They never made a change, you choose what appeals to you. There is no date where the level top tube went away in leu of a sloping top tube.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts