Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,979 Posts
If you haven't done this already, go to the library and borrow the book, The Beast In The Garden. I forget the author. It's a real eye opener. :eek:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
What is the population density in that part of Minnesota? The reasoning given by Santa Clara County Animal Control is that tranqualizers work slowly (up to 30 minutes to become effective) and there is no way for the police to chase a lion through a crowded residential area for 30 minutes.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
if you ride in Cougar Country

paint eye spots on the backs of your helmets

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
johnny99 said:
What is the population density in that part of Minnesota? The reasoning given by Santa Clara County Animal Control is that tranqualizers work slowly (up to 30 minutes to become effective) and there is no way for the police to chase a lion through a crowded residential area for 30 minutes.
Actually, their reasoning for shooting the treed lion in Palo Alto was that if we tranqualize it, it <i>might</i> go a little nuts, and we'd have to shoot it. So we're just going to shoot it instead. This is almost an exact quote. I wonder if the cop has the cougar head on her wall (I beleive it was a female cop who did it). I'll bet she tells people about the day she shot a mountain lion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts