Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my first ride on my new Trek Domane 4.5 today. I love this new bike and I'm actually thinking I might like it better than my Madone 4.7 WSD that was wrecked* in early December. Of course, for insurance purposes it had to be determined that the frame was "totaled". I think it was . . .

]*"wrecked" means a distracted driver suddenly made a left turn in front of me and we collided. He fled, but was later found by the police. Driver had a suspended license and no insurance. I was fortunate that despite my bike being totally wrecked and his windshield cracking from the impact I only suffered lacerations and contusions.:)[/I]

·
Recycle King
870 Posts
Holy smoke! How did you did you destroy that bike?

·
Registered
196 Posts
I got the same bike for Christmas, and am also loving it. Only got a few rides in before the mild weather turned bitterly cold and snowy. Can't wait for some warmer days to get back out and ride.

Comgrats on the new ride - and you made out pretty well vs. tha car. Any you can do about the damage since the driver had no insurance?

·
Recycle King
870 Posts
Sorry, didn't read the italics print.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
You said for insurance purposes it had to be totaled - looks totaled to me for sure - what insurance is covering it if the drive didn't have insurance?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You said for insurance purposes it had to be totaled - looks totaled to me for sure - what insurance is covering it if the drive didn't have insurance?
I filed an insurance claim under my home owners policy. If Trek didn't have it's loyalty/crash replacement program I would be out $1,400 due to deductible and depreciation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.