Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this would be breaking some rules but after looking through the Neo/ Retro thread this came to me.

Would there be any benefit to having a stickied thread in this forum for those of us with the old beauty "sickness" to post if we are going to be looking for a new home for of our babies?

Even if we have a code of conduct wherein we can post pictures and details and then re-direct our member friends to the Classifieds or eBay, or even PM's?

Seems there may be some benefit to having the community sharing the bikes, frames and parts that we all seem so addicted to?

Any thoughts?

·
"It's alive!"
1,454 Posts
toomanybikes said:
I don't know if this would be breaking some rules but after looking through the Neo/ Retro thread this came to me.

Would there be any benefit to having a stickied thread in this forum for those of us with the old beauty "sickness" to post if we are going to be looking for a new home for of our babies?

Even if we have a code of conduct wherein we can post pictures and details and then re-direct our member friends to the Classifieds or eBay, or even PM's?

Seems there may be some benefit to having the community sharing the bikes, frames and parts that we all seem so addicted to?

Any thoughts?
I second the motion!

Forbes "Mr. Restomod" B-Black

·
"It's alive!"
1,454 Posts
Dave Hickey said:
let me check with the powers that be. It might be a conflict with the classifieds
D'OH! I totally misread the original post. I thought he was asking for a sticky on the "Neo/Modern Retro" thread. That thread, to my way of thinking, deserves a sticky for the restomod crowd, but I suppose we can just post on the "Retro Pictures" thread to keep things uncluttered.

Next time I'll read the original post more closely before I respond.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dave, what I'm thinking is that it may in fact help the classifieds as we could use the forum to draw attention, maybe post some piccies then refer the readers to the classifieds.

We keep the bikes in the community that loves 'em and we could theoretically increase traffic to the classifieds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts