Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple weeks ago my wife volunteered to help out the local animal shelter / humane society after a bunch of dogs were seized from an animal hoarder in a neighboring county. The nutjob(s) had 60+ dogs in and under a mobile home, and someone finally decided to get those poor dogs out of those conditions. Most were underweight, many were emaciated and full of a variety of parasites. My wife helped for a couple days cleaning crates and feeding the dogs while they were being temporarily housed. A majority of the adult dogs were distributed to several shelters and rescue organizations all over the midwest and younger ones stayed within the state. Our local shelter was left with three or four that were healthy enough for adoption. And so ...... yeah, we had to bring one home.

This little guy is about 15 weeks old and is a husky/Aussie/border collie amalgamation. I did a rotten job of capturing his color, it's really reddish-brown, not the black that he appears to be in the pics.

He's not named as of yet, we need to get a feel for his personality and mannerisms. No, that's not a solicitation for suggestions. sorry.

He's still a bit underweight, but generally healthy. Yeah, we're aware that given his genealogy, he'll be super-active (to put it mildly). He'll eventually be a trail runner, as my wife's running companion on the trails in the state forests. But for now, it's obedience training and lots of play time and walks. Porter the mastiff is willing to play for a few minutes but then ignores him for the most part, and his introduction to the senile, grumpy females is going well so far. The squirrels in the back yard, accustomed to the slow, clumsy pursuit efforts of the older dogs will soon have a new nemesis.....

·
Meow!
1,449 Posts
Congrats on your newest buddy and good on you for taking him in! He looks like a great dog. Knowing the special touch you and G. have with animals, I'm sure he'll thrive in your home.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Buddy approves.

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Awesome!

len

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Len J said:
Awesome!

len
...and how's your cute little puppy doing? Do I have to stop calling her "little" when she passes 100lb?

and give Fosby a pat from us also.

·
Stumpcake!
5,950 Posts
Awesome JTB! He looks like he's just waiting for someone to say "Do you wanna go outside?!!"

·
Slightly Opinionated
10,231 Posts
So much cuteness all over this thread! Good for you, JTB. That's great cosmic karma right there.

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Love the one floppy ear!

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
By the way...if anyone here gets the Nat'l Geo channel be sure to record "And then Man Created Dog" or something to that effect. Two hour special on how dogs came to be with some great dog stories in it.

·
Failboat Captian
6,527 Posts
JTB,

Fantastic! Cute dog. He will be a lot of fun, and seems quite happy to be where he is.

-JTB

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
He is adorable.....Chloe growls in his general direction...

/my dog does not like other dogs. :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts