Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
19,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
il sogno said:
Here are some shots I took of the climb up San Marcos Pass during yesterday's Tour of California stage.

**********
The main peloton


**********
The stragglers just off the back of the peloton





.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
19,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Couple o' Pics From ToC Stage 5

Here are some shots I took of the climb up San Marcos Pass during yesterday's Tour of California stage.

**********
Eki, Jens Voight and Sebastian Lang - there was a good headwind so they are all neatly tucked behind Eki.


**********
Levi and Riccardo Ricco





.
 

·
Does it matter?
Joined
·
751 Posts
I was there too.

I was there too. This was at the 1KM to the KOM. I snapped this picture without looking, and it shows, but look who I got in the shot. I was a couple of feet away, and after waiting all that time I wanted to see them, and not through the camera, so that's why I shot it without looking.
 

·
Self-Banned
Joined
·
16,905 Posts
il sogno said:
Here are some shots I took of the climb up San Marcos Pass during yesterday's Tour of California stage.

**********
Eki, Jens Voight and Sebastian Lang - there was a good headwind so they are all neatly tucked behind Eki.


**********
Levi and Riccardo Ricco





.


Hey neighbor,

I'm planning on riding down to Redondo but I have no clue as to whether Vista Del Mar west of LAX is open to thru traffic. I assume it is but perhaps I shouldn't assume in our post 9/11 paranoid world. I've only been living here for about 18 months and I haven't been over there yet thus don't know the situation. Do you know?

R
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
19,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rocco said:
Hey neighbor,

I'm planning on riding down to Redondo but I have no clue as to whether Vista Del Mar west of LAX is open to thru traffic. I assume it is but perhaps I shouldn't assume in our post 9/11 paranoid world. I've only been living here for about 18 months and I haven't been over there yet thus don't know the situation. Do you know?

R
Sorry, I do not know. Not sure about other alternatives. I had my bike today but am thinking of just driving down to Redondo and making like a civilian (pedestrian).

You could take the beach bike path if you can stand it. :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
It's open

rocco said:
I'm planning on riding down to Redondo but I have no clue as to whether Vista Del Mar west of LAX is open to thru traffic. Do you know?
Vista del Mar is open to traffic.

We are strategizing for where to park today, too. Would ride over, but thinking that the course will be too full of people to carry bikes around.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
19,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mersault said:
I was there too. This was at the 1KM to the KOM. I snapped this picture without looking, and it shows, but look who I got in the shot. I was a couple of feet away, and after waiting all that time I wanted to see them, and not through the camera, so that's why I shot it without looking.
Hey, great pic. I saw these guys go by but was too stunned by seeing Levi's to snap a picture. Got my wits back in time to get pics of the stragglers.
 

·
It's in the game!
Joined
·
2,042 Posts
I got goosebumps

profkrispy said:
I must have been right across the street.
When Voight and Ekimov were on the break together....Two of cycling's legends working together. Too bad they got caught.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
291 Posts
Ekimov off the bike

dagger said:
When Voight and Ekimov were on the break together....Two of cycling's legends working together. Too bad they got caught.
The morning of the stage I was making the rounds at the start area in SLO meeting all kinds of riders. I was really suprised to see Ekimov's build. He had a huge chest in comparison to the rest of his body. It really looks a bit strange. A completely different build than any of the others. Whatever it is it works well for him. BTW the start area that morning was awesome. The few people that were around were all at the Discovery and CSC buses. Meanwhile everyone else was just hanging out. I walked up to Gilberto Simoni as he was just sitting on a car hood having a drink. Same kind of story with many others. The Gerolstiener squad got my vote for looking like they were having the most fun that morning.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top