Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
half-fast
7,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And some bike related stuff I saw cleaning out the shop.

I got up early to miss the heat, and instead it was raining. I don't mind getting some rain once I've set out, but I have a hard time starting out in active rain. So I sulked on the internets for a while and then worked in the shop, and things eventually cleared up.

I guess I liked fences and gates today. And wineberries.

I bought some corn on the way back and crammed it in the handlebar bag, and we grilled it a little while ago. It was good.

Happy Independence Day.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I grew up in Pottstown, near where 724/100/422 come together. Since then, I've lived in 11 different states in the SW, NE & SE, Latin America & SW Asia, and can't recall having seen wineberries anywhere else except PA. They're even better than Tastykakes!

Thanx for the memories.

·
Registered
405 Posts
So your down below Oxford, I have a daughter that lives in New London, I bike along the East and West Brandywine River. Have Two covered bridges one on the East Brandywine River and one on a contributary to the West Brandywine River. Lots of other old bridges too!

·
Bacon!
9,193 Posts
What are wineberries? With those thorny looking covers I was going to call them Scarey Berries :).

I love the theme and I love the green. Nice stuff.

·
half-fast
7,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ridgetop said:
What are wineberries? With those thorny looking covers I was going to call them Scarey Berries :).

I love the theme and I love the green. Nice stuff.
They make me think of raspberries. We called them wild raspberries when we first moved here. They are here for most of the summer, I guess. They are around when we fish in the Brandywine River, which we don't usually do until we can wade right in.

I think those covers are the flower. They show up first, then the berries.

They're pretty good. They are a summer treat.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I am finding out that there are a lot of RBR bikers out here in the tri state are (Pa, DE, Maryland), Problem with getting people together I guess are personal schedules, some one was trying to get a group together in Gettysburg, but I think that fell through because they forgot it was mothers day.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.