Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
6,839 Posts
WTF dude. that guy was carrying around a club for a reason, looking for a fight, and finally his fantasy came true when an older cyclist came along that he could picked on. I'm sure if the police search this guy's computer and phone, they would find that he frequent websites showing to beat people and get away with it.

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
Good thing I didn't retire there. The geezer on geezer violence is out of hand.

Seriously, it's sad to see in Canada. As acl says it looks like a hater looking for an easy victim.

·
Registered
27,471 Posts
If that guy were on top of me beating on my head, I'd take my right leg and push my foot up into his armpit, throwing him off me or back anyway, and then another swift kick in his fat rolly polly stomach so he feels it for a while.

If I had been there as a bystander, I would have grabbed the guy on the shoulders and tipped him back onto the ground, put my knee on his chest, and told the bystanders to call 911.

Nobody should get away with this sh!t, then jump in his vehicle and drive off.

·
Doesn't like subtitles
3,808 Posts
Wow.

My guess is demented old man. He didn't seem too worked up when those folks confronted him. Good on Canada for all those bystanders getting involved.

Victim is a true cyclist. Blood pouring off his head and he automatically gets up to check his bike out.

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
This is just terrible. I am so glad that woman filmed everything.

They got his picture, good. He hopefully will be locked up a while.
I hope so too, but it's Canada, he won't be. He probably won't even get jail time. Our judges have more sympathy for the criminal than they do for the victims.

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
That was hard to watch. The driver should have tried a lot harder to walk away. Just horrible.
Agree, he didn't try very hard. He has control over his feet.

·
A wheelist
11,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is just terrible. I am so glad that woman filmed everything.
I hope so too, but it's Canada, he won't be. He probably won't even get jail time. Our judges have more sympathy for the criminal than they do for the victims.
The guy on the ground will probably get charged with head-butting David Fox's cudgel. David will get a million dollar settlement (plus costs) from the government for wrongful arrest. The arresting officer will get fired. Justice is a joke up here.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,962 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Sadly to common in southern Ontario these days and always a pick up!

·
I make Eagles fly
620 Posts
WTF, totally sick and the guy will probably lie and get less then 1 year in prison

·
Registered
6,839 Posts
I have heard Ontario is the is like the Texas equivalent up there. Is that true? I've been to Vancouver and Motreal and I thought they were some of the greatest places on earth. Never to Ontario region

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
I have heard Ontario is the is like the Texas equivalent up there. Is that true? I've been to Vancouver and Motreal and I thought they were some of the greatest places on earth. Never to Ontario region
No, Alberta is the Texas equivalent.

In more ways I'd think Ontario is most like NY state.

additionally, Peterborough is a small city (pop 81,000) with a university and a large retired population. Hence my "geezer on geezer" joke.

From wiki
Peterborough is among the best places to retire in Ontario, according to Comfort Life, a publication for seniors
From now changed to "was"

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
The guy in the blue shirt should have:
- got in the driver's seat of the pickup
-got the keys from the attacker

I would have hammered red shirt guy and then sat on him until police arrived.
Cannot believe they let him drive away.

A very serious accident happened right in front of my house a few years ago.
A large pickup rear ended a car sitting at a stop sign so hard it was knocked onto my front steps.
Driver of the truck sat in the her truck while severely injured woman in car screamed. She actually had a broken back.
Finally the woman driving the truck got out and was obviously impaired. She didn't say anything, just looked at the front of her truck, and then tried to get back in.
I thought she was going to flee so I climbed in so she couldn't.

·
Registered
27,471 Posts
The guy in the blue shirt should have:
- got in the driver's seat of the pickup
-got the keys from the attacker

I would have hammered red shirt guy and then sat on him until police arrived.
Cannot believe they let him drive away.

A very serious accident happened right in front of my house a few years ago.
A large pickup rear ended a car sitting at a stop sign so hard it was knocked onto my front steps.
Driver of the truck sat in the her truck while severely injured woman in car screamed. She actually had a broken back.
Finally the woman driving the truck got out and was obviously impaired. She didn't say anything, just looked at the front of her truck, and then tried to get back in.
I thought she was going to flee so I climbed in so she couldn't.
Sh!t man! Don't leave us hanging! What happened then? :shocked:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts