Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently picked up my first pair of Cowboy boots, I like em. They fit well, and after broken in are actually really comfy. Went camping a couple weeks ago and wore them all 5 days. It was nice, made me feel "rough".

Any lowngers wear them?

Tour de Fat is coming up and I think I am going to sport them with some short Jorts a funky shirt and my bret michaels straw hat.

edit for a pic:

·
slow rider
385 Posts
I've had a pair of skark skins for 15 years, resoled 4 times.

·
Zaphod Beeblebrox
2,799 Posts
I used to wear them a lot, not so much lately.

·
waterproof*
41,610 Posts
I don't own a horse, any cattle, or cowboy boots. Nor do I go country dancing on a regular basis.

But please tell me you are kidding about the jorts.

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
I wore out a bazillion pair of ropers before I was 30, only occasionally worn a pair in many years since.

...and Creaky's right about the jorts. Just say NO.

·
Roll Out Jeremy
1,785 Posts
No Depression concert

Attended the No Depression concert last weekend. The look of the day was skirts and cowboy boots. Not always that becoming, but certainly more prominant than anny other "look".

·
Stumpcake!
5,950 Posts
I love wearing them too but it's too hot in GA to wear them any time other than winter. And cowboy boots and shorts...well...that's just wrong unless you're a chick of ill repute. Then I guess it's ok. :D

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Saw a guy wearing some with jorts, a wife beater and a straw cb hat the other day.
His socks were above the top of the boots. Is that correct?

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
pigpen said:
Saw a guy wearing some with jorts, a wife beater and a straw cb hat the other day.
His socks were above the top of the boots. Is that correct?
were they argyle?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
2cflyr said:
so. farking. wrong.....unless you're hollywood/ :eek: :D
The thought of resembling Hollywood actually crossed my mind. I was thinking about trying to find some pink acid washed jeans for the Jorts

I have never been to the TdFat but everyone dresses up in crazy outfits... why not shock em with the Jorts. May even put some holes under the pockets for an added bonus. It was either Jorts or a banana hammock... and I don't really have the balls sport a hammock in public (take that as you may).

·
hit it
4,006 Posts
I've got a pair that was custom made for me. Dark brown bullhide, french toe, 1 3/8" heel. Lipstick red tops.

They are one of the most comfortable of footwear I've ever owned. I can clean them up & wear them with a suit or work all weekend on my FIL's farm in them.

There is a lot to be said for shoes that are custom made for your feet!

·
Low rep power
6,264 Posts
Bought a pair of lizard skin boots a looong time ago when I still working as a photog, and had a job shooting a brochure in Dallas. Resoled 3 times now, and still looking reasonably good

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts

·
Moderatus Puisne
15,883 Posts
I am starting to learn that I agree with your taste in shoes -- certainly more than in your (perhaps previous) apprecation for Brooks Brothers.

Unfortunately, my home improvement budget disagrees.

But, I have a pair of Dan Posts, and a pair of Laredo ropers, that I wear often enough. They look reasonably sharp both dressed down and up, are durable, and handle the rain and mud much better than others.

The relatively hard soles are no good for walking long distances, though.

I really need to be (able to justify) buy another pair or two of Ecco walking shoes. Best I have used, but the injection-molded somethingorother has cracked after hundreds of miles.

MarkS said:
I never had worn a pair of cowboy boots until three years ago when I bought a pair for my family's Grand Canyon mule trip. They were incredibly comfortable and I have bought two more pairs since then. In fact, I am wearing this pair today with blue jeans. http://www.lucchese.com/products_detail.php?id=413

This pair looks good with suits and dress pants. http://www.lucchese.com/products_detail.php?id=380

·
Registered
81 Posts
PlasticMotif said:
If you're not riding a horse, they are inappropriate footwear.

Like crocs
Crocs are just plain uncomfortable when riding a horse. :)

I love wearing cowboy boots on a regular basis - so comfortable for standing and walking. Boots aren't just made for equine activity.

·
Perma-Newb
149 Posts
Love my boots! Have three pair. One for mucking stalls and riding, one for lookin purdy and one casual pair.

Don't wear them much anymore, flip flops tend to be my daily choice. I love it here.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts