Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am selling a Coyote Road bike for a friend although don't know anything about it.
I'm assuming its around a 2002 bike although not sure.
Full Ultegra 6500, 56cm aluminium frame and I think carbon forks. Also never seen these wheels before
It is for sale and I'm asking £260 as I don't really know what it's worth
Anyone who knows anything please let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
You should sell it with a cardboard cutout of Mario Cipollini on top.

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
Pretty sure they were (are) cheap bikesdirect type bikes. But given the looks I'm sure some hipster would love to have it and the Ultegra is good stuff regardless of the frame being a cheapo (I think).

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Pretty sure they were (are) cheap bikesdirect type bikes. But given the looks I'm sure some hipster would love to have it and the Ultegra is good stuff regardless of the frame being a cheapo (I think).
Some of the BikesDirect brands were previously well known quality brands that went under then anyone could license their name. Like RCA, you and I can buy a license to produce RCA branded equipment. Motobecane bikes is the same thing.

·
mrwirey
195 Posts
roadracer3,
The wheels are either HED or Specialized Tri-Spokes. If they are in reasonable condition you could get more than £260 for these alone... take a quick look on eBay.

I would part the bike out to sell it as you'll get more money that way. Cyclists are always in need of a replacement component from a groupset, which is no longer available. Same goes for cockpit components.

I'd compare eBay prices for similar frame/fork/headset modules from the same time period in like condition and price the entire module accordingly.

With a bit of research and a little bit of work you will be able to get twice as much as you are currently asking.

Very respectfully, Tim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts