Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Roadie with unshaven legs
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While riding home yesterday, I spotted out of the corner of my eye what I initially thought was a stray dog running along Geary Boulevard near The Cliff House in the opposite direction. I turned my head to look at it and it spun around to face a car that was close to flattening it and the thought that went through my head was, COYOTE!!! I never thought I would see one this far up The Peninsula.

Are there coyotes in Golden Gate Park? If not, how did this coyote get this far north? Did it run along the beach all the way to where I saw him? Did it hop from park to park to get to Geary Boulevard? For those of you who are not familiar with San Francisco, it's an urban jungle from Daly City on the south all the way to The Golden Gate Bridge. There are parks sprinkled throughout but plenty of asphalt in between.

Anyone else see wildlife that was out of place out there? I've seen plenty of deer and even a few (rattle)snakes but never a coyote! Keep in mind that I also mountain bike and I haven't seen as much wildlife offroad as I have seen road biking.

· Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
Cruzer2424 said:
Crap. Those things are dangerous? I think I see those things at LEAST twice a week riding on Mt. Diablo.
Coyotes are generally not that dangerous.

· Riding towards Delmarva.
790 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
Coyotes are generally not that dangerous.

If you leave your infant unattended while trying to jumpstart your car, particularly smothered in Gravy (the infant, not you), then YES, coyotes are extremely dangerous.

· BIGchainRING
325 Posts
I was riding up Middle Drive one Saturday morning by the Polo Fields and I saw a coyote run across the road in front of me going towards Lincoln. I said "oooh" and he looked back but then double timed it into some bushes. I hope that he stayed off of Lincoln though because traffic there is brutal.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.