Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just purchased an 2006 CR1 Team 56cm however I am concerned that the 54cm would be a better fit. Particularly when checking out the latest TDF bikes where there seems to be trends of running smaller frames with larger stems.

My height = 5'11" or 179cm
My inseam = 35" or 89cm

Would be great help if CR1 owners could post a few pics of their 54cm and 56cm frames and note their height & inseam so I could get a feel for how it will look.

· Registered
425 Posts
I used to sell Scott. So many people bought Scott's too big (more than any other brand). I guess it was the low top tube that made buyers think to go for the bigger size.Even when I made clear they needed smaller size.My brother even didnt listen to me. You sell alot of shorter stems that way.

· CarbonFrame
401 Posts
I almost bought the 56cm

But after reading about size discrepancy I got the 54cm and am glad I did. I used to ride a 56cm Trek and a Medium Giant TCR2. I say figure it out now before you build it up. I think it will be easier to sell the frame as "never been built up". I am 5'11" w/ 32" inseam.The attached picture was taken prior to adjusting the seatpost. It is now so low that it partially covers the WCS logo.

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks CarbonFrame. Yes that confirms it! Although your inseam is slightly shorter, the seat height and bar height look similar to the level of fit that I was trying to achieve! So the 54cm is the way to go for me! Time for some eBay work!

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh wow ... is that really the 54cm? That looks small .... particularly looking at the head tube length. I have decided to build up the 56cm and then see how it feels.

Thanks roshea.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.