Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a madone 4.5,and i love it.Today i was cleaning my bike, and i noticed a really fine crack going straight down the center of the head tube.It looks like it is just the clear coat, but i am a little concerned that it could end of getting bigger.Does anyone hear have or heard of the same kinda situation that i am talking about. Sorry no pics, i could not get a good picture of the crack. Thanks

·
Registered
503 Posts
Not a crack (at least without seeing a pic), what you are seeing is the seam where the 2 molded halves meet. If you look over your entire bike, you will see this seam in other places as well. At the very least though, swing it by your LBS for reassurance or to be addressed if it is in fact a crack.

·
Registered
503 Posts
hendrick81 said:
I know what the molded part looks like.I took it to my LBS and they sent it back to trek. They looked at it and confirmed that it was a crack, and i am getting a new frame.
I am sorry to hear about the crack. On the other hand, thats why you buy a TREK - they stand behind their products and warranties. Good luck with your new frame!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.