Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody happen to have a better way to get in touch with BMC than either the email listed on their sight, the form, or the international number? To make a long story short, my streetfire's got a crack along the top tube right at the weld where it meets the lug for the seat stay/seat tube/top tube. I discovered this on Tuesday and went looking for contact info.

Finding none, I sent an inquiry (using their form) asking if there was somewhere I could have it checked out, or if there was someone I could contact.

I got no response.

Thursday I sent an email to the email address listed on their web page ([email protected])

I got no response.

It's Saturday and I've heard nothing. Not saying I was expecting an immediate conversation, but at least something confirming a live body had received my email. The only phone number I could find on the site looks to be an international number which I'd rather not call if I don't have to (especially since I'm guessing they'd turn me right back to BMC USA).

Any ideas?

· Registered
693 Posts
MJH2 said:
Anybody happen to have a better way to get in touch with BMC than either the email listed on their sight, the form, or the international number? To make a long story short, my streetfire's got a crack along the top tube right at the weld where it meets the lug for the seat stay/seat tube/top tube. I discovered this on Tuesday and went looking for contact info.

Finding none, I sent an inquiry (using their form) asking if there was somewhere I could have it checked out, or if there was someone I could contact.

I got no response.

Thursday I sent an email to the email address listed on their web page ([email protected])

I got no response.

It's Saturday and I've heard nothing. Not saying I was expecting an immediate conversation, but at least something confirming a live body had received my email. The only phone number I could find on the site looks to be an international number which I'd rather not call if I don't have to (especially since I'm guessing they'd turn me right back to BMC USA).

Any ideas?

Well honestly. BMC isn't interesteded talking to you directly. They only want to talk with the authorized dealer that you bring your problem bike to. Bike companies hate dealing directly with consumers.

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Might be easier if the BMC dealer I bought it from was still a BMC dealer.

But, really, if they're just going to ignore me, shouldn't they take down the contact form and email address?

· Registered
693 Posts
MJH2 said:
Might be easier if the BMC dealer I bought it from was still a BMC dealer.

But, really, if they're just going to ignore me, shouldn't they take down the contact form and email address?
I understand your frustrations. Those links are their to drum up new business.

What I said about them not wanting to deal directly with the end users is even more true when it comes to frame warranty issues. They really like to hide behind the dealer in those situations. Just how the industry is set up and fuctions for the most part.

Maybe there is a BMC dealer on RBR that can offer some real help in getting the warranty ball rolling?

Anyone?

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just an update:

This is getting frustrating. I've been given a few different numbers and email addresses from the shop that I bought it from (who no longer sell BMC). Nobody has returned a call or email yet.

It sounds like BMC has made wholesale distribution changes and that has lead to a lot of problems. The last email I tried was the one that is supposed to be used for warranty claims. We shall see.

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Peanya said:
Please contact BMC USA at: 1 800 819 4262
also send a pm to the user BMCUSA
hope this gets you somewhere.
I think I've called that number about 10 times. It rings, then gets auto answered, then ends up going to voice mail. I've left messages. Not returned.

I'll try the PM thing. Thanks.

· Registered
156 Posts
MJH2 said:
I think I've called that number about 10 times. It rings, then gets auto answered, then ends up going to voice mail. I've left messages. Not returned.

Find another LBS that is a BMC dealer (locate via BMC's website). Bring your frame in there and they should handle the warranty replacement. At the very least the shop should answer their phone.

· Adventure Seeker
5,123 Posts
MJH2 said:

I called and got an answer, maybe you're calling at the wrong time? /shrug
I can also look up an email that I got from them. However, a current BMC dealer would be a great idea too. Sounds like the shop you bought it from doesn't care about customer service.

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
malanb said:
i have the general manager email and phone number, they spoke to me and, are willing to help in my case. you just got tu push a bit
Push who? That's the thing. I'm just trying to find a live person to whom I can ask a question or two.

The LBS I bought it from was actually as helpful as anybody. I told him what was going on, he called the rep (or somebody he knew through them) and called me back with what they told him was the proper email address... it's the same one listed on the web page that nobody will respond to.

I also sent a PM as suggested here. Still no answer from anybody. I'll try calling again next week if other people have been able to get through.

All I know is that I own my own little business, too. I'm not always easy to get in touch with (hard to get work done when 50 people all have "one quick question"). But, I've delegated that responsibility to others. If I operated like this, I'd be out of business in a week.

· Registered
857 Posts
Join the club.

I agree, pointless form, no responses and lack of a solid dealer network and chain of command.

In addition to filling out that same form several months ago, I even emailed every BMC dealer (all 40 of them listed on their web site) and 2, (yes, two) responded (to sell me old stock they were trying to unload).

Lets see if the BMC robots (building impecs with less then impeccable paint jobs) can manage a better job then the humans are doing...

I mean, how hard is it to hire a person to manage this task, (I see a dozen qualified candidates from this forum alone) and considering MSRP on a TT01, I think BMC can afford it.

· extremely biased
874 Posts
I think there is a little misunderstanding here.

I'm a BMC dealer, a big one. The warranty process goes through the shop via the rep. I have a special litle excel for we use that we email the rep with the serial numbers and pics of the defect.

In the few warranties I've had with them, mine were handeled quickly and efficiently.

If you bought it from a dealer, they should take care of it.

By the way Carbonlord...... I didn't recieve your email and I am listed on their website as a dealer and have been for a while. Additinally, my email address on the BMC dealer serch thing goes straight to my iPhone so.....you didn't email every BMC dealer listed.

Starnut

· Registered
857 Posts
Thanks for responding.

STARNUT said:
I think there is a little misunderstanding here.
No, no misunderstanding. There is a form on the BMC web site that goes ignored. If they want it used for a private dealer network, I also do web programing and could set that up for them so consumers don't waste their time accessing it...

STARNUT said:
I'm a BMC dealer, a big one. The warranty process goes through the shop via the rep. I have a special litle excel for we use that we email the rep with the serial numbers and pics of the defect.
Yep, that form and picture were sent in almost a year ago...

STARNUT said:
In the few warranties I've had with them, mine were handeled quickly and efficiently.
I should have bought it from you. Unfortunately most dealers don't have any inventory and all seem to order from the same pool, hence selection/test ride etc were limited resources at best... or did you regularly stock all sizes of the SLT and SLC01's at your shop? I mean, seriously, I can call QBC and order one up out of the big book too (if they were still a dealer).... just sayin. Being a BMC dealer is like saying I have the 800 phone number to the factory and can see whats available, theres no incentive to buy from anyone but the guy with the lowest quote. When I shop Trek, Cannondale or even Colnago these days, 95% of the time they have something at the store....

STARNUT said:
If you bought it from a dealer, they should take care of it.
I'd hope so but every situation is unique (for a brand that is pretty much non-existent at a US based LBS). My dealer, (like QBC) is no longer involved with BMC and all I wanted was a loyalty replacement (aka crash replacement) to begin with. I'd happily shell out my cracked frame and $1500 if I could get something....

STARNUT said:
By the way Carbonlord...... I didn't recieve your email and I am listed on their website as a dealer and have been for a while. Additinally, my email address on the BMC dealer serch thing goes straight to my iPhone so.....you didn't email every BMC dealer listed.
Yeah, well, considering how poorly programed even the http links are on that page, it's no wonder. You should probably look into that with them, seriously. Ive been involved with web site development since 1998 and pretty much mastered the art of sending emails so.....

Again, I appreciate the response but again, BMC's warranty process, customer support, customer relations, website and dealer network need much improvement.

Got any 57cm Legends in stock?

Do you have any BMC's in stock..... or do you just order them from the list?

Thanks again, and I'm not trying to ball bust ya, just sayin...... it aint perfect, my SLT01 has a crack (seat collar, nothing new) but good luck finding a 57cm anything, at any store in the USA to even take a gander at.

Between the lack of in store inventory and the red tape of warranty consideration, it's amazing there is a US market.

I'll probably end up ordering a color I don't want from CC and will have Calfe or someone fix the SLT for re-sale but what a PITA.

Thank you for taking the time to explain your stance on the process. Seriously, hopefully it will help others with warranty issues.

PS I tried sending you a PM but....

STARNUT has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.

Perhaps this is what happened to your iPhone email ;) All kidding aside, if you dont have a company web site (for example you have a bla bla [email protected]) chances are I didnt email you as I do not do business with hotmail, yahoo, aol and gmail account holders.

My email is [email protected] so hit me up if you have something that fits the bill.

Cheers!

cL

· extremely biased
874 Posts
so you don't like the way their site is programed. Trade them an Impec for your services.

I have stock on hand. I have a size run and some extra of SLRs, a size run of RM01s, and size runs (minus the 48 since they are not here yet) of the SL01 and 02 as well as a TE01s and FS01s. PLus, we have a TT01 shipping in Feb. AND, we're an impec dealer. So.....I'm a dealer.

and my inbox is full....

Starnut

· Registered
16 Posts
I found a crack in my RoadRacer last year and promptly let the LBS, who is a BMC retailer, take care of the whole thing, got a new frame back from BMC in less than two weeks.

Nine times out of ten though the crack will be a paint flaw and nothing more. The new frame I got is black and I can still see what looks like a crack but upon further inspection is just a stress point where the paint is weak and easily prone to cracking.:thumbsup:

· Registered
857 Posts
STARNUT said:
so you don't like the way their site is programed. Trade them an Impec for your services.
Yes! :)

STARNUT said:
I have stock on hand. I have a size run and some extra of SLRs, a size run of RM01s, and size runs (minus the 48 since they are not here yet) of the SL01 and 02 as well as a TE01s and FS01s. PLus, we have a TT01 shipping in Feb. AND, we're an impec dealer. So.....I'm a dealer.

and my inbox is full....

Starnut
Good sport. Thanks for entertaining my rant.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.