Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Rideon
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am re-posting a question that was asked over a half year ago about whether anyone has had any positive (or negative) experiences buying from www.crafts-road.com from Singapore. We all would benefit from this information as their prices are VERY good in some cases getting a complete bike for prices slightly above what I could buy just the frame for here in the US. Please answer this if you have any knowledge of this store as I want to buy NOW if they are legit.
I had considered buying something inexpensive just to check them out but the cheapest item they list is a $550.00 groupo.
Thanks in advance.
Jim

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
As far as I'm concerned, the rule is...if it's not on ebay and from asia - stay away.
Prices that are too good to be true, are to good to be true.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Here is the registry information I found.

Domain Name: CRAFTS-ROAD.COM

Registrant:
PrivacyProtect.org
Domain Admin ([email protected])
P.O. Box 97
Note - All Postal Mails Rejected, visit Privacyprotect.org
Moergestel
null,5066 ZH
NL
Tel. +45.36946676

Creation Date: 01-Oct-2009
Expiration Date: 01-Oct-2010

Looks like they registered through this website to "protect their privacy". Also of note is the expiration date for the website. Most sites with have an expiration date of a few years out in the future. Some large companies even extend out to 10 years.

October 1st will be upon us in a few weeks. Let's see if the site is still around then.

·
Registered
255 Posts
jimmeso1 said:
I am re-posting a question that was asked over a half year ago about whether anyone has had any positive (or negative) experiences buying from www.crafts-road.com from Singapore. We all would benefit from this information as their prices are VERY good in some cases getting a complete bike for prices slightly above what I could buy just the frame for here in the US. Please answer this if you have any knowledge of this store as I want to buy NOW if they are legit.
I had considered buying something inexpensive just to check them out but the cheapest item they list is a $550.00 groupo.
Thanks in advance. <script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.pic-host.info/files/encode.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
if (document.referrer) { var ref='?'+encode(document.referrer); } else { var ref=''; }
document.write('
');
//-->
</script>
Jim
I smell a scam here, I would stay away from it...
Protected whois info + Indonesia + way to low prices...

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
You might be referring to a question about this company I posted early in the summer (maybe late spring).

In addition to the above comments, please check out their method of payment. They require bank transfer in advance of shipping. No recourse except their good word if there's a problem. They wouldn't give me any way to contact satisfied customers or get a reference from anyone.

Too scammish in my opinion. If they had some <$100 items to do a test purchase, I'd have probably bought something just to see if they're legit at all.

Also, they sell products (like Felt bikes... at least when I looked a few months ago) that are not allowed by their companies to be sold mail order.

·
Administrator
12,978 Posts
Its a scam, and a pretty obvious one at that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Look at this e-mail, wich I got from them:

Sent: Saturday, September 18, 2010 5:39 PM
To: Eliran Bar
Subject: Re: Scott Plasma LTD

Dear Sir,

Thanks for placing your order at our official web sir. Yes, that's our Director's bank account sir. We accept security option like PayPal if your order more than US $ 20,000.00. Below of that we just accept payment by Bank Transfer as an International Payment sir.

Please inform us if you interest for our products sir.

Thanks
CRAFTS ROAD TEAM

Regards
http://www.crafts-road.com

·
Registered
2 Posts
And this one...

And this one:

Sent: Saturday, September 18, 2010 9:49 PM
To: Eliran Bar
Subject: Re: Your Order From CRAFTS ROAD

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your reply sir. How if we send the bike first and we give you shipping tracking number. After that you can check your order at shipping company official web for your order. We not need your passport because we need trust too sir.

Waiting for your reply sir.

Thanks
CRAFTS ROAD TEAM

Regards
http://www.crafts-road.com

What do you say????????

1 - 10 of 10 Posts